Install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUANA8 on Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F
We just found out about XXUANA8 that is perfectly compatible with Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F. The firmware in questions came out this month and should be used for an update to Android 4.2.2. The procedure we have in store for you today is detailed in the upcoming paragraphs!
The new stock ROM was released for Germany. As such, your smartphone will, if it’s the Galaxy Core G386F, get in touch with all the goodies inside the latest Jelly Bean version. Which aren’t ordinary or a few. The novelties consist of the following: a superior Gallery app, a new set of sounds for wireless charging and no security problems in case of Bluetooth audio streaming.
Since the new Android OS will be on your device, the latter will also boast one USB debug white-list, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings to be able to quickly toggle the on/off state, bug fixes for low battery and a new set of download notifications.
Since this guide is only suitable for the Galaxy Core SM-G386F, do not use it on other smartphones. Else you will brick all of them.
The KIES logo isn’t turned on. Which leaves you with two methods of updating your device. One is our tutorial and the other is OTA (over-the-air). The second options should only be applied if a stock ROM is already flashed on the handset.
If your smartphone comes with root access, the XXUANA8 will make sure the root access is revoked. The system partition of your handset will be erased, but the important data and the internal/external SD cards won’t be.
The list below has all the requirements you’ll need before the update, so:
- use the guide on a notebook with Windows pre-installed;
- enable USB Debugging on the handset;
- on your laptop, make sure that USB drivers for your phone are downloaded;
- fully charge the Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F;
- create backups using this tutorial (you should also create a full NANDroid one);
- disable, on the handset and the laptop, the security programs;
- download Odin from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUANA8 official firmware for Germany on the notebook.
Step by step instructions
- Now that the laptop sports both the Odin and the update firmware, you should extract each of them.
- Enter, after that, your handset in Download Mode by pressing and holding, together, Home, Volume Down and Power; the second part of this step asks you to stop doing what you were doing as soon as a warning screen shows up, then press Volume Up to finish this step.
- Now launch the Odin as an Admin when you’re back to your laptop. A connection between the handset and your notebook is needed now, so use the phone’s USB cable to establish it.
- As a result of the plugging, an ID:COM box colored yellow should pop up; a message saying “Added!!” should also come on-screen. If neither of them appears, time to install the USB drivers on the notebook once again or resort to a different USB port.
- If you establish a successful connection, you need to tap BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, tap AP, choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, select a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, opt for a file containing CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose, at the end, a file with an extension featuring .pit.
- Proceed to the step which requires you to check a few boxes. They are these: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time.
- Up next: click on “Start” to be sure the firmware is flashed on your smartphone. Wait for an automatic rebooting of your device in the next couple of minutes. After that happens, the screen should have a “Pass” message displayed on it.
- This is the moment you should disconnect the Galaxy Core SM-G386F from the notebook. And do as follows: launch Settings on the device, tap About Phone and you will be offered the possibility to see what the fuss is all about with the new firmware.
If the XXUANA8 is less than expected, you can open the NANDroid backup and wait for the old ROM to be restored on the handset.
For comments and questions, use the field below!