Install Jelly Bean 4.3 BeanStalk Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 2 I317
Your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 is capable not only of the already awesome things it delivers, but also of so much more. This can be demonstrated after you install it with Android 4.3 BeanStalk Jelly Bean custom ROM via today’s guide.
The number of features which this tool sports is very generous and it includes things like customization options for your phone’s battery (which means that the latter shall last much longer), customization options for the device’s navigation bar, the same for the status bar, a boost in the overall performance, smoothness and stability and so much more.
Before we take you on the tour which has the update steps, you should first mind the following pre-requisites:
- root the Galaxy Note 2 I317 from AT&T via this guide;
- install CWM or TWRP on it;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- use the phone model which comes factory unlocked;
- flash, on your PC or laptop, the USB drivers which work with your handset;
- charge the smartphone’s battery well;
- create many backups using these instructions.
The steps we used to update the phone to the Jelly Bean 4.3 BeanStalk custom ROM are now upon you. Read the instructions below carefully and the device will soon show you its true colors.
- For starters, remember this: download Gapps and then the BeanStalk JB 4.3 firmware on the laptop you normally work with (or on your computer).
- Now do as follows: plug the phone to your notebook and then go to the update files, take them from that place and transfer them to the SD card root of your Galaxy Note 2 I317.
- Following this action, be sure to power the smartphone off, unplug it from your laptop and then boot the handset into Recovery Mode by way of these guidelines: power the device on while pressing + holding Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time.
- Then make sure to choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data to perform a full data wipe of your handset. The next operation you should perform: opt for Wipe Cache Partition. This is going to erase the cache of your smartphone.
- As soon as you are done, continue by wiping the cache of the Dalvik by staying in the Recovery, selecting Advance and opting for Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Return to the Recovery Screen, choose Install zip from SD card, opt for Choose zip from SD card and then go to the new ROM zip file to choose it; do the latter by using Power and then wait for a screen to be displayed.
- When you see the latter, confirm the flashing of the file. Then wait for the installation to start and then to end. To also get the Google Apps on the phone, you have to repeat all of the steps which installed the previous file. Confirm.
- Then, as soon as both files are on the handset, you will have to do this: go to Go Back. Then restart the Galaxy Note 2 I317 by opting, from the phone’s Recovery Menu, for the device restarting option. All is done now and your smartphone has the BeanStalk custom ROM in its About Phone. Use it well!