Flash Jelly Bean 4.3.1 PSI custom ROM on Galaxy S2 SGH-T989
Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 is going to give you a blast after you install Android 4.3.1 PSI ROM Jelly Bean custom firmware on it. Why a blast? Because the smartphone will have new things to keep you occupied with.
Like, for example, Viper Audio for enhanced sound quality, tweaks to improve network speed, no DSPManager.apk or CMFileManager.apk or CMWallpapers.apk, custom boot animation and more.
For what we have in mind for today’s guide, you will need to also participate in these requirements:
- grab hold of your Galaxy S2 and root it, after which make sure you flash either CWM or TWRP on it;
- charge the phone’s battery;
- download Google Apps from here together with the new Jelly Bean 4.3.1 PSI custom ROM on your PC or laptop;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- save the data on your handset with several backups;
- get USB drivers for this handset from here on the laptop;
- use a factory unlocked SGH-T989.
After this list of pre-requisites, you should find out what steps there are to follow for today’s update.
- Here is the first one: plug the handset to the notebook. Then go to the desktop where you downloaded and saved the two files; take them from there and move them to the SD card root of your smartphone. The end of this transfer should see you do the following: power the phone off.
- Move on with these couple of tasks: unplug the handset from the laptop and enter the former in Recovery Mode by looking at these instructions: power your T989 on while pressing and simultaneously holding Volume Up, Home and Power.
- While in the Recovery Mode, it’s recommended to opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data. Wait until this full data wipe is over, then choose Wipe Cache Partition to perform a wipe of the phone’s cache partition.
- Now that you are done with these two necessary wiping actions, you should perform a third and final one by staying in the Recovery Menu and, from there, finding Advanced and making sure you opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache. Once the handset has had its dalvik cache erased, you can return to the device’s Recovery screen.
- Are you there? If yes, choose these two options next: Install zip from SD card and then Choose zip from SD card. The next thing to do: go to the PsiRom_10-25-13.zip file.
- After you’ve arrived where it is, we will ask you to choose this file by pressing Power. When done, don’t forget to confirm the fact that you want it flashed on the Galaxy S2 you own.
- After the installation of the update file is over, remember to also flash the Gapps zip file. This specific file can only be flashed on the handset after you repeat the steps that installed the PSI ROM, so redo all of them.
- Once the second file is on the handset, do this: go to +++Go Back+++. You will then have to restart your device; one way to do that is by going to the Recovery Menu and locating an option that is made especially for the phone restarting process. Opt for it after you spot it and your phone will reboot into the necessary update file.