Install XXUEMJ7 Jelly Bean 4.3 Official Firmware on Galaxy S4 I9505
Your Galaxy S4 I9505 is closer than ever to an update. We will perform it in today’s tutorial, where we will show you how to flash the official firmware responsible for the upgrade: XXUEMJ7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The firmware that will arrive on your smartphone once you are finished with our guide delivers some of the following: a new Samsung keyboard, pre-loaded Samsung Wallet, OpenGL 3.0 support, better RAM management, a new Samsung browser, UI tweaks and so on. All of the new additions that you will experience on your handset mean a lot from a user experience point of view. After the phone is updated, its battery is going to last more compared to your past experience with it, the performance will improve loads, you will be able to customize your device and much more.
For the above to happen, you should look at the following requirements and do as they tell you to:
- download Odin (make sure it’s the most recent version, available here) and the new Android 4.3 I9505XXUEMJ7 firmware on your laptop;
- make backups following the steps from this tutorial;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- look at the battery of your Galaxy S4 and charge it if it needs extra life;
- download and install USB drivers for the handset from here on your laptop.
Then, if every single one of the pre-requisites from earlier is taken into account, you should start this tutorial.
- The thing you need to do first is this: unzip the content of the I9505XXUEMJ7_I9505OXXEMJ8_SEB.zip archive on the desktop of your notebook and have your phone powered off afterwards.
- Boot the Galaxy S4 I9505 into Download Mode, a task that must be performed by doing the following: press Volume Down + Home at the same time while powering the handset on. Then launch, on the laptop, Odin.
- The next thing to be done: plug the smartphone to the notebook and see if you spot either a message that says “Added!!” or a yellow ID:COM box. If there is no connection between your devices, you have to either use a different USB port or install the USB drivers one more time until the plugging goes well.
- Then be sure to tap PDA and, when you’re done, do the following: opt for a file that has CODE in the name, tap Phone, choose a file with a MODEM in the name, tap CSC, opt for a file which contains CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose a file with a .pit extension.
- After that you should, while staying in Odin, check these three boxes: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition (this last box needs to be checked in case you went for the file with the .pit extension).
- To start the flashing of the update file, tap “Start” and have some patience. When the waiting is over, your phone is going to restart, so make sure you unplug it from the notebook and power it off next (as soon as it boots into its Home screen after powering itself on).
- After you boot it into Recovery Mode again, you should opt, from the phone’s Recovery Menu, for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, then make sure you restart your device. Once your Samsung I9505 boots, it will feature the XXUEMJ7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean stock firmware.