How to Root Galaxy Continuum SCH-I400
Galaxy Continuum SCH-I400 has a lot to expect from a rooting app. Particularly the one we’ll soon introduce you to. Give our tutorial a try and you’ll see what a rooting is all about!
First off, if you and your device encounter our rooting tool, you’ll have the best of the best without paying anything. That’s because SRSRoot is freeware. This app delivers all of its good stuff on a very wide array of gadgets. Actually, this tool is equally at ease with all of the OS versions thought out by Google. The one your smartphone’s attached to is this variant: Android 2.2.2 Froyo. By keeping this Android version, you can still enjoy it even after the rooting’s performed. More than that, the handset’s 1 GHz Cortex-A8 CPU is going to put on a much more impressive performance.
The benefits of this procedure
After you experience a faster processor, you’ll also look at new features. They will soon pave the way to these: root-only apps and battery tweaks. As soon as the phone’s battery can last more, you’ll also get to enjoy admin and superuser permission. No matter your device model, the SRSRoot is one of those apps which comes free of bloatware. It does, however, deliver custom ROMs. The app that can root your handset will do so without putting the Samsung Galaxy Continuum SCH-I400 in danger of nasty viruses.
If you want a customized smartphone, the SRSRoot has numerous options that let you do it. The phone, which is 4 years old, has to be rooted after you select a Build ID. It doesn’t matter what you opt for; the SRSRoot will be compatible with it no matter what. But if you’re clueless, here’s what we chose: FROYO.EC09. Lastly, the freeware has the ability to unroot your smartphone’ alos, it’s powered by an SRS Server.
Your device comes by default with a warranty. The rooting will make it redundant. As such, you’ll have to look for a way to deliver it back. That’s the job for a tutorial which includes your phone’s model in it; so look for such a guide online. Another thing: if a rooted gadget is updated afterwards, several things will happen all at once. For one, you’ll no longer experience root access. Then there’s the phone’s system partition; this is something which will quickly be deleted from the device. Nothing similar is going to befall your smartphone’s data; or its internal and external SD cards.
You should first of all look at our pre-requisites:
- USB drivers that are a perfect fit for your smartphone need to be downloaded on the laptop (find them here);
- after the download’s over, install said drivers on your laptop;
- the latter has to contain Windows as its version of an operating system;
- charge the handset if its battery level is low;
- the smartphone has important data which must be saved in the form of backups;
- after creating those, perform a full NANDroid backup;
- the laptop’s security programs should be disabled;
- enable, on the Galaxy Continuum SCH-I400, USB Debugging;
- your smartphone’s security programs have to be turned off.
Step by step instructions
Below is what your job consists of. The steps we’ll reveal now are all part of that.
- As such, here’s the first task: after downloading the SRSRoot on your laptop, make sure you flash it there. To get to this rooting app, visit this page; on it there’s a download button you have to click on.
- When done with the clicking, don’t forget to install the app and launch it on the laptop. Menu should be tapped next, then Settings.
- After the latter is enabled, search for Unknown Sources under it. After it’s revealed, you need to tap this action. Once it’s turned on, tap USB Debugging.
- This is something you had to do when you prepared the Samsung SCH-I400 for a rooting; if you’ve already performed this, plug the handset to your laptop. There’s the phone’s USB cord you need to use for the connection.
- The moment you have your devices plugged to one another, the smartphone can be rooted. This part is performed with another option; its name is Root Device (All Methods) and it has to be enabled.
- The procedure which will begin next takes around 15 minutes; should the rooting make you wait more than necessary, you need to retrace the previous steps and redo each of them.
- Then allow your Galaxy Continuum SCH-I400 to restart by activating Reboot System Now.
The tutorial is now over. What remains to do is this: take advantage of the root access and the novelties it brings. The SRSRoot is close at hand if you ever consider unrooting your phone. As is our comment section should you have to put up with problems.