How to Root Galaxy Note GT-I9220
Galaxy Note GT-I9220 has to get in touch with a rooting app. It’s called SRSRoot and it will make all the difference if you install it. By that we mean that root access opens your device to all kinds of new possibilities. To be able to have all of that, we recommend performing this guide.
Your smartphone is also known as Samsung GT-N7000 and Samsung I9220. No matter the name it is otherwise known as, the phone is able to make the most out of the root access it’ll soon enjoy.
A dual-core 1.4 GHz Arm Cortex-A9 processor powers the smartphone. With the rooting app on it, the device will become faster. It matters little to the SRSRoot what gadget you use; the app can support various devices. The Build ID we selected to root your phone with is ALPS.GB.FDD2.MP.V3.14. But you aren’t bound to this ID. Thanks to this dedicated app, you are given the chance of using other Build IDs.
The benefits of this method
Your Galaxy Note GT-I9220 comes with an Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread operating system. This version will not be wiped out; that’s all thanks to the SRSRoot being able to work with numerous Android variants out there. The app is powered by an SRS Server. Apart from that, you may want to consider this app if you plan on unrooting the device later on.
Customization is also on the horizon for you. The phone will test out many ways to end up personalized. There is a wide array of options that’ll enable the handset to have a longer battery life. The today’s application will deliver these goodies for free.
Having a rooted handset lets you experiment with multiple other goodies. Custom ROMs are some of them. The phone’s about to have admin and superuser prmission, too, together with root-only apps. Security trouble won’t afflict the phone. Neither will bloatware affect the smartphone.
No more warranty for you. The rooting will revoke it. Options to have it back are plenty; simply look for the best one online.
If you get ready to upgrade the phone, the root access on it will give way to problems. The one that will affect the phone first is this: the root access will be revoked. Issues will affect the system partition, as well; this element will be deleted. Important data will not have issues to deal with; neither will its internal and external SD cards.
You now have before you a group of pre-requisites. They’re crucial to the rooting in that they’re here to make sure the rooting goes very well. So do the following:
- USB drivers which are fully compatible with the Galaxy Note GT-I9220 must be downloaded on your notebook from this place;
- the battery of your HTC One M8 has to be fully charged;
- the important data kept on your smartphone has to be safe, so create a backup;
- a full NANDroid backup has to be consider next;
- the notebook must operate Windows as an OS version;
- open your handset’s security programs now;
- disable all of them while you’re performing the steps for the rooting;
- then open the security programs installed on your notebook;
- turn them off as well.
- The guide’s first step is the following: download the SRSRoot app on your notebook. The app is located over here.
Step by step instructions
If you have completed these tasks, let the rooting commence!
- The guide’s step one urges you to download the SRSRoot on the laptop. There’s a certain place online where the app can be found. Here is the place.
- Tap a download button on that website. Go there, then move on by flashing the downloaded app and opening it later on your laptop.
- The smartphone has the following option on it: Unknown Sources. Open it by tapping Settings and looking under this option.
- Tap that Unknown Sources and continue by turning USB Debugging on. A connection should be established between the handset and laptop. The USB cable which is part of the Samsung I9220 will have to be used.
- You need to begin the handset’s rooting. To enable the process, tap Root Device (All Methods) and wait. The smartphone will take some 11 minutes.
- If you see that it takes much longer than 15 minutes, you should repeat our guide’s previous steps.
- But if 15 are all that it takes for the process to end, you are free to restart the Galaxy GT-I9220. So find Reboot System Now and tap it.
As you are now done with the guide, you can open the rooting novelties your phone has for you.
Consider the box below to ask questions about the rooting.