How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note II CDMA SCH-I605
Samsung Galaxy Note II CDMA SCH-I605 will become stronger after you root it. For this occasion, we present to you SRSRoot. Such a special tool does wonders to the phone. You will see why as soon as you begin reading this tutorial!
The handset you want to see improved came out in 2012. This is a model also available as Samsung SCH-I605 for Verizon, Samsung SCH-R950 for U.S. Cellular, and Samsung SPH-L900 for Sprint. This won’t matter to the SRSRoot. This app, which costs the user nothing for its download, can deal with a lot of gadgets. Their versions of Android won’t be deleted by this freeware. The variant used by your Galaxy Note 2 is the 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
The benefits of this procedure
To begin with, the rooting method we selected poses no security danger to the handset. Also, it doesn’t come with bloatware. It has to be said that these aren’t the only pros of using the said tool. The SRSRoot is responsible for the presence of custom ROMs. Battery life can and will receive improvement. There are also customization tweaks and new features to be expected from the rooting. Root-only apps are then joined by superuser / admin permission.
A powerful processor comes with the phone. It’s this one: quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9. Its speed will turn out faster if you root the device. The services of a Build ID are necessary for the procedure. The SRSRoot instrument lets a gadget owner choose whatever version they want. The one we thought most suitable was this: JRO03C.I605VRALJB_LLK. An SRS Server powers the rooting tool.
Sacrifices must be made if a rooted handset looks towards an upgrade. This process doesn’t ruin the smartphone’s internal / external SD cards. No damage is done to its important data, either. The update will only affect the root access and system partition. You will lose both of them.
There is another dark cloud on the horizon. The rooting revokes the warranty. This drawback can be surpassed with the right guide.
Now’s the time to begin the rooting. Before you see what steps there are to follow, we recommend these pre-requisites:
- you’ll find some phone-appropriate USB drivers at this link;
- click on that and wait till the drivers are downloaded on your laptop;
- after that, install them on it;
- USB Debugging has to be tapped on the phone so that it becomes activated;
- your Galaxy Note II has certain security programs that you need to disable;
- you should create backups to prevent damage being done to the handset’s data;
- perform a full NANDroid backup;
- the security software used by the laptop has to be disabled;
- only Windows is the OS that can work with this rooting post (it should be pre-installed on your laptop;
- the phone’s battery needs to be charged.
Step by step instructions
- Your attention should now be directed at the download, on your laptop, of the SRSRoot. The freeware is located at this address. Clicking on this page will bring a download button.
- The latter has to be clicked on, then you need to flash the app on the laptop. This rooting option has to be launched there, as well.
- Now turn to your Galaxy Note II CDMA SCH-I605. Tap, on it, the following two options: Settings and Unknown Sources. The former contains the latter under it.
- Move on to USB Debugging. You should activate it only if the option hasn’t been turned on before now.
- In case it has been enabled, you should initiate a connection with the phone’s USB cord. The plugging needs to be generated between the laptop and smartphone.
- The handset is now ready to be initiated into the rooting phase. Start this via the following task: tap Root Device (All Methods). When done, you have to simply wait for the completion of the rooting. This will end in under 15 minutes.
- The action can exceed this amount of time. If so, you need to return to the previous steps and redo them from the beginning. Once the problem is finally taken care of, you will have one more step to complete.
- This is what you have to perform next: reboot the handset. Our advice to you for this action: turn on Reboot System Now on your Samsung SCH-I605.
- The device can restart at last and unveil its most fresh assets. Enjoy them and notice whether or not they are that great. Should they fall short of impressing you, allow the SRSRoot to discard the root access.
The rooting is something which can go wrong at any point. To prevent damage, direct your questions to the comment field below.