How to Install Android 4.3 XXUANE3 on Galaxy Grand 2 LTE SM-G7105
Galaxy Grand 2 LTE SM-G7105 is in the mood for something new. Your smartphone is one step away from having the most recent Android version there is: 4.3 Jelly Bean. The steps to consider for this special procedure are shown below.
The time is ripe for an updated operating system. Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUANE3 is the official firmware you’ll need for today’s upgrade. Released this month for Switzerland with an activated KIES logo, this tool is everything you need to experience an improved smartphone.
When you’re done installing this update instrument, your phone will have new apps. Apart from these you’ll get customization options and better battery life. Your Galaxy Grand 2 LTE SM-G7105 will have new features and several other great additions. These novelties will be part of your handset if you use the right model. If the name of your device is different than the one here, the update will bring damage to it at once.
With an activated KIES logo you can use Samsung’s KIES software to upgrade your phone. Should the latter come with stock ROM, you can use this method; should it not, you’re welcome to follow our tutorial.
An upgrade doesn’t bring security problems for your device. But it does mean saying good-bye to certain stuff. Particularly if you perform the procedure on a handset which contains root firmware. Should your device be rooted, the update will do the following: erase system partition. Another thing to be affected is the phone’s root access; you’ll no longer have it on your device if you bring the new firmware. Every important data you keep on your device will stay intact. The upgrade will also spare the smartphone’s internal and external SD cards.
To end up with the Android 4.3 XXUANE3 official firmware on your phone, first do this:
- backups are always useful if you don’t want to end up with important data being deleted from your phone;
- a full NANDroid backup needs to be created after a regular one is generated;
- your handset must have a fully charged battery for our guide;
- download USB drivers for the Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7105 on your notebook;
- use a notebook that’s running Windows;
- go to your smartphone and turn off the security programs there;
- then go to your laptop and perform the same on the security software it uses;
- turn on USB Debugging on the phone.
Step by step instructions
If your Samsung SM-G7105 is done with these pre-requisites, you’ll now be told how to install the update tool.
- This is the first step: your notebook needs the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUANE3 official firmware for Switzerland (file name: G7105XXUANE3_G7105AUTANE3_AUT.zip). So download this package on it. The same device also needs Odin v3.09; download this second package there.
- Then have both of them unzipped with WinRar or WinZip (or 7Zip). If the packages are finally extracted, look for this file: Odin v3.09.exe. You need to locate it because this particular file must be launched on the laptop for this step.
- Continue with the following request: start your phone in Download Mode. This will work only if you do this: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time, wait a bit, then press Volume Up if a boot message comes up.
- You should enter your phone and notebook in a connection. To establish one, you’ll have to use the handset’s useful USB cord. In a matter of seconds, Odin will try and find your phone.
- When the Odin is successful, your products will have been connected to each other; a blue sign will soon pop up and tell you the good news.
- Time to add the firmware file to AP / PDA and after that check Auto Reboot. Uncheck Re-partition afterwards and activate F. Reset Time.
- You’re getting close to the installation of the new firmware. To begin it, we advise you to tap “Start“. Then wait until the screen of your device has a green-colored box to show you.
- The smartphone will then be ready to reboot. Here’s the last step you must perform: disconnect the phone from the notebook. If you haven’t done this before, just take the USB cord out.
You can now open the new firmware by tapping Settings and About Phone. The new features, battery options and other stuff we discussed above will soon come to life!
Should you happen to meet with problems during the upgrade, you can always drop your comments below.