How to Root Galaxy Tab GT-P1000
Today’s the day that Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 gets a shot at a rooting. This is very important if you want your tablet to have access to all the good stuff it’s missed out on. A tutorial has been created by us for you and your gadget. Use it to have root access on the latter!
You should first know the name of the tool we’ll root your device with. And so we give you SRSRoot. This special software can be installed on the tablet you use via several steps. Each of them is important. By following them, your gadget shall receive the kind of goodies you’ve always wanted to have. They’re all described below. The tool will have a great impact on your Galaxy Tab P1000. Once settled there, the tool will brings a wealth of novelties.
The benefits of rooting
The first of them are these: those apps that can only work on a rooted device (so-called root-only applications) and custom ROMs. More goodies to expect are the following: battery tweaks to longer life and many options for customization. You can also expect stuff such as admin and superuser permission. The rooting brings new features, too. There are no security problems to expect once the tablet’s been rooted. The SRSRoot is a very special app. Which means that you can use it on many brands and Android versions. The variant that comes with your gadget is this: Android 2.2 Froyo. Moreover, your tablet can easily be unrooted with its help. The tool sports the following advantage: it’s already powered by an SRS Server.
The Build ID we worked with to root your tablet was called FROYO.ZHJJ3. You don’t have to use this Build ID if you don’t want; this app is compatible with loads of other such tools. You won’t notice that your tablet’s been released almost 4 years. The rooting will make it feel brand new; both is CPU and performance will become loads better. Having root access on a gadget means that its warranty has to be revoked.
Other drawbacks of this procedure will happen when you upgrade it. If you plan on doing just that, expect a couple of losses. The system partition on your tablet will have to be erased and its root access will be revoked. The update won’t affect the tablet’s data. The internal and external SD cards on it will be safe from damage, as well.
If a rooting is just what you want for your Samsung GT-P1000, then follow these tips to get the gadget ready:
- the creation of backups will help protect the tablet’s data from harm during the today’s procedure;
- after you perform standard backups, create a full NANDroid backup as well;
- have USB Debugging enabled on the Galaxy Tab GT-P1000;
- check the battery level on your tablet and charge the unit;
- go to this page and download, on your notebook, USB drivers for your tablet;
- launch your tablets’ security solutions and have all of them turned off;
- turn off the notebook’s security software next;
- Windows has to be installed on your tablet.
Step by step instructions
Your tablet is now looking forward to the rooting steps.
- The following should happen for the first step: download the SRSRoot app on your laptop. The link which contains this tool is here. You should always use this link for the app.
- After you’ve opened it, click the download button it has in the center. Once the required app is on your tablet, you have to install it first, then open it and later on activate Unknown Sources.
- You shouldn’t move on until the USB Debugging has been activated, too. If you did turn this option on before now, you can go on. This is the task required of you for the next step: provide a connection between the tablet and your laptop.
- The tablet’s USB cord is the tool to use for this necessary plugging. If the right cable is used, you need to wait until the devices are plugged to each other.
- When they finally are, you should click on a certain option to begin the rooting. This is its name: Root Device (All Methods). The tablet will have to be rebooted at the end of this process.
When you’ve also done that, your tablet will have been rooted! You are now left with the experimentation of the freshly rooted Galaxy Tab GT-P1000. Test the new stuff we promised.
Then, if you want to unroot the device, use the same application. If you’ve dealt with problems while rooting the tablet, leave your questions with us. To do that, simply use the comment box below.