Update Galaxy Ace II X GT-S7560M to Android 4.0.4 VLBNA5 Firmware
The latest update concerns Galaxy Ace II X GT-S7560M and how to get Android 4.0.4 ICS on it. All of the steps that’ll upgrade the handset to the newest Android version are shown after the jump!
This is the official firmware that we have to use for the procedure: VLBNA5. It has been released this month for Canada and Tanzania. The carriers this firmware is available for are these: Koodo Mobile (the only one with a deactivated KIES logo), SaskTel, Rogers, Fido Mobile, Bell Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Telus.
We just mentioned that only the Koodo Mobile carrier doesn’t have an activated KIES logo. This allows for the use of OTA instead of KIES or our guide. For this, the smartphone must run stock ROM. For the other carriers you can use the KIES software; again, your handset must have stock ROM for this method.
If you’re settling on our tutorial, we must warn you about something: if you update a smartphone which isn’t the Galaxy Ace II X GT-S7560M, your device shall become damaged.
The goodies which will be gained in exchange for the update are these: a much better phone number recognition feature, better camera and improved screen rotation.
When applying a new firmware on a rooted Galaxy Ace 2X, the latter’s root access shall be revoked. The phone’s system partition will also receive a blow by being deleted. The internal/external SD cards and your smartphone’s important data are going to be saved.
Your next job: reading some requirements. And they are as follows:
- a standard backup and a full NANDroid one are recommended;
- the notebook has some security programs which must be deactivated;
- deactivate the same on your Galaxy Ace II X GT-S7560M;
- your handset’s battery unit should be charged;
- turn on USB Debugging on the handset;
- download USB drivers fit for the phone on your notebook;
- the latter must have Windows featured as its operating system.
Step by step instructions
- After you’re done preparing your phone for the update, download the Jelly Bean 4.0.4 VLBNA5 and Odin on the notebook. Go here to find the Android 4.0.4 version for Canada and select your carrier. The version available for Tanzania is located on this site.
- After securing the necessary files on your laptop, extract each of them with 7Zip. Now boot the phone in Download Mode by taking this route: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power, and then, once a boot screen is on the display, make sure to press Volume Up.
- Launch the Odin from there it is as Admin on the laptop. This is how the file should be opened: right-click on .exe and follow this up by choosing “Run as administrator” and tapping it.
- For the next step, be sure to connect, with the phone’s USB cord, the Galaxy Ace 2X GT-S7560M to your notebook. After the Odin begins to look for the handset, you will see “Added!!” and then an ID:COM box turn up in yellow.
- If the correct elements show up as described, you can move on. But if none of the elements is seen, employ another USB port. Should this not work, take those USB drivers and make sure they’re all flashed again on your notebook.
- Now go and tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and then locate a file with .pit as its extension, after which tap this one, too.
- The minute you see several boxes on the screen, check these from the bunch: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. To kick start the new firmware into flashing, tap “Start“.
- Wait for the process to be over now. When the installation is complete, your Galaxy Ace II X GT-S7560M will restart on its own. To unplug the smartphone from your notebook, wait for the screen of the former to display “Pass“.
- After you disconnect the two, tap Settings, tap About Phone after that and then play with the new VLBNA5 official firmware and what Android has to offer.
The NANDroid backup file should be used if you miss your device’s former ROM. Once the previous ROM is restore, this will happen to the update: it will be revoked.
If you have comments or wish to ask questions, use the box below this tutorial.