How to Update Galaxy Core GT-I8262 to Android 4.1.2 XXBNC1
Galaxy Core GT-I8262 will see new goodies, a superior performance and much more after a short update. Described here in detail, the procedure we prepared for our readers in India will quickly bring Android 4.1.2 JB.
Like we said earlier, the tutorial we have for today is tailored for the Indian variant of the Samsung GT-I8262. The official firmware that shall deliver the newest Jelly Bean has this name: XXBNC1. It was launched this month with an activated KIES logo. When the KIES is turned on, you are free to upgrade the phone via Samsung’s KIES if you want. But we recommend using this only if the handset comes with stock ROM.
There are many great things surrounding the Android 4.1.2 JB. The phone will receive mini apps, and automatic adjustment for the size of widgets. These aren’t the only novelties. The update also helps you enjoy Google Now, a free style widget and group cast. The list of new things to look forward to is also made of pop up play, a new keyboard and triple buffering. The Samsung Galaxy Core GT-I8262 shall be able to experience these goodies, too: sync and connect email updates, all share, a fixed frame of 60 fps, extended Vsync timing and touch anticipation.
Before you grab your phone to perform the upgrade, you have to consider what can happen if the device is rooted. This is what you’ll experience: the phone will no longer have its system partition and root access will become revoked. The internal and external SD cards won’t be removed from the handset. The latter’s data will stay where it is, too.
You have to make your phone go through these crucial pre-requisites for the time being:
- turn off the security programs that are working on your smartphone;
- it’s best to consider charging your phone’s battery in case you notice it having low charge levels;
- download USB drivers from this page on your laptop;
- the update works only with a notebook which is running Windows;
- turn off the security programs which are already running on the laptop;
- create one or more backups;
- make a full NANDroid backup.
Step by step instructions
- We need you to do this for step number one: download the Android 4.1.2 XXBNC1 official firmware for your country and Odin 3.09 on the notebook. Then take an unzipping tool, such as WinRar or 7Zip, and extract the packages.
- Among the files that are inside the Odin archive, you will have to wait for Odin v3.09.exe to appear, then open it on the laptop.
- We then need you to boot the Galaxy Core GT-I8262 in Download Mode. Do it by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down together and doing it until the display shares a boot message; press Volume Up and your handset will land in the necessary mode.
- Your smartphone comes with an USB cord. Use it to help the connection of your phone to the laptop. Then, when the connection’s been achieved, the Odin will reveal a blue sign.
- This marks the success of the plugging so that you can perform the next step: add the firmware file to the AP / PDA. After this comes the task of checking F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Re-partition will have to be ticked off.
- Now tap “Start” and then wait for the flashing of the XXBNC1 to begin and then for it to finish. The end of the installation will come about once the smartphone restarts.
- But first, your Galaxy Core GT-I8262 will show up with the following message: “Pass“. You can disconnect the smartphone from your notebook to complete the tutorial.
- When the USB cable has been removed, you will have to tap Settings. Tap, next, this option: About Phone. The Android 4.1.2 XXBNC1 is the newest addition to your handset. After the new firmware and OS are on it, make sure the goodies are all accessed.
It’s very possible that you don’t like any of the novelties. This is something which can be solved with the previously created NANDroid backup. When you select this method to bring the phone’s old ROM back, you will lose the upgrade’s advantages. But you’ll have the previous ROM which you may prefer over the new one.
To answer potential questions, we recommend using the comment box below.