Update Galaxy Grand 2 DUOS SM-G7102 to Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUANC3
Galaxy Grand 2 DUOS SM-G7102 has officially received XXUANC3. This new firmware will enable you to have great fun with your smartphone. So give it a try, you won’t regret it!
The new stock firmware, released this month, lets you update the Samsung G7102 to Android 4.3. But the firmware in questions isn’t available for everyone. Use it only if you like in India, Bangladesh or Nepal. And only if the smartphone in your hands is the right model.
With its KIES logo turned off, the new firmware gives you only two installation methods. One of them is our guide; the other is OTA. If the second option is what you decide to go for, use it only if the phone has stock ROM.
With the XXUANC3 on your Galaxy Grand 2 DUOS, you will encounter lots of pros. They imply things like customization options, many new features, battery enhancers and such.
But there’s a catch to the whole procedure. When done on a phone with rooted access, the update means this: root access will be revoked. Also, there won’t be a system partition on your device anymore. Still, you won’t lose your handset’s internal / external SD cards not its data.
We urge you to take a look at these requirements first:
- the laptop needs to sport USB drivers that are right for your handset, so get them from this site;
- include a standard set of backups and then create a full NANDroid one to be used a bit later;
- the battery of the Galaxy Grand 2 DUOS SM-G7102 must be charged fully;
- this guide is compatible with a notebook running Windows;
- the phone’s USB Debugging option has to be activated;
- return to the laptop and turn off its security programs;
- go to the smartphone and do the same with its security programs.
Step by step instructions
- Go to this address and download Odin v3.09 from it on your laptop. The place to download the Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUANC3 on the laptop is on this page; select the version for your country: India, Bangladesh and Nepal. To move on, you need to do this first: unzip each of the packages that are on your laptop.
- There are several unzipping tools: WinRar, WinZip or 7Zip. After the content of the two is extracted, proceed to opening Odin v3.09.exe on it. Once this file’s launch is done, do as follows: enter the SM-G7102 in Download Mode.
- This operation is best done as instructed here: press and hold, together, Home, Power and Volume Down. Press Volume Up afterwards as soon as the screen comes up with a boot message.
- You should plug the smartphone to the laptop next; here is where the handset’s USB cord comes in. After the right cable is used, you will Odin showing up with a blue sign.
- This is displayed in order to show that the devices are now connected to one another as planned. After this successful plugging, go on by performing the following step: leave Re-partition unchecked and then check F. Reset Time along with Auto Reboot.
- This next part is all about you adding the firmware file to AP / PDA and tapping “Start”. The latter is the action which begins the installation of this new official firmware on your handset. It’s best to wait for around 14 minutes so that the flashing can end on a successful note.
- When everything’s alright, the Galaxy Grand 2 DUOS SM-G7102 will flash a message in green saying “Pass“. Then it will reboot. This means that the final step can be performed.
- According to it, you have to proceed to the unplugging of the handset from your notebook. That’s all. The new operating system can now be launched on the phone.
- To do it without problems, we recommend the following guidelines: after you find Settings on the device and tap it, tap About Phone.
After the phone’s been updated to the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean latest version with the XXUANC3, you can finally enjoy everything about it. So give the new OS some space to show you what it can do.
Then, if you think you don’t like it quite as much as you thought, then just open the NANDroid backup file. With it on your phone, the latter’s old ROM will be restored smoothly. Unfortunately, the restoration will leave your phone without its update.
In case you have questions, why not leave them in the comment field below?