Update Galaxy Grand I9082 XXAMC1 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware
We’re here today to present yet another new tutorial. The light shines on the following smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082.
This guide will tell you how to update it to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean thanks to XXAMC1 official firmware.
Have a peek at the requirements that follow:
- install, on your laptop, USB Drivers for this phone;
- turn on USB Debugging on your handset;
- use a laptop that has Windows;
- create a backup;
- charge the battery of the Galaxy Grand I9082.
However, should you own a comp running either Mac or Linux, use CrossOver Utility. Now follow the steps below and you’ll update your smartphone to the firmware in no time at all.
- Download Android 4.1.2 I9082XXAMC1 (file name: I9082XXAMC1_I9082OLBAMC1_THL.zip) and then Odin 3.07 on your laptop. Unzip the archive content and then watch out for a file named .tar.md5.
- Now go to step 2: extract the Odin tool zip file; watch out for a file called Odin v3.07.exe. Switch the Grand I9082 off and then enter it into Download Mode.
- For step 3 you should run the Odin 3.07 file using the Administrator wrights; here is how: right-click on .exe, then go to Context Menu and click on Run as administrator. You might come across this message: “MD5 hash value is invalid“; if you do, download the firmware once more.
- For the fourth step, you need to plug the smartphone to the laptop. Wait till “Added!!” is on the screen and also till you spot a number colored yellow, which is the COM port. Install the drivers again if you don’t notice those; or just make use of a different USB port. If all is in order, then opt for the following files:
– .tar with CODE in its name (the button that will open it: PDA);
– the file that has MODEM in its name (click on Phone to get it to launch);
– the file wearing CSC in its name (click on CSC);
– .pit (click on PIT to gain access to this file).
- Check Auto Reboot, then F. Reset Time. If you selected the .pit file above, then check Repartition. If you don’t see any of the four files in step 4, ignore what we wrote there.
- Press Start. After the installation of the firmware is completed, you need to wait for the Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 to restart. Then the following message should appear on the display.
- Take the handset away from your computer and explore the XXAMC1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware on your smartphone.