Update Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Omega ROM
Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 needed a makeover. Which in this case means a tutorial on how to update Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on it with Omega ROM. Since this smartphone is ready to arrive in shops (both online and the usual kind), people over at XDA Developers forum have recently come up with this sort of tool that we will be using for today’s guide.
The Omega ROM which we chose is based on XXUAMDA Android 4.2.2. It should be noted that the ROM does not come from Samsung themselves. So you may very well experience bugs. Remember to use our tutorial for the Galaxy S4 I9500 instead of a different one, because you risk damaging whatever phone you have in mind instead of this one.
We won’t waste your time anymore. Which is why it’s time to take this opportunity and check these pre-requisites: charge the battery of this handset, flash ClockworkMod Recovery on the phone, make a backup via this guide and then finish these off by turning on USB debugging on the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (this is done in the following manner: go to the device’s Settings, choose Developer options, then Enable USB debugging).
- The steps to follow now are as follows: the first of them clearly states that you have to download the latest ROM version online and then unzip the zip file to the smartphone’s SD card root; don’t extract what the ROM contains. Now turn the handset off.
- What you are told to perform for the next step, which is number two, is the following: boot the Galaxy S4 I9500 into Recovery Mode by holding down Power and Volume Down together.
- After the device has gone through this procedure, you have to prepare for step number three whose instructions sound like this: operate a complete NANDroid backup of the phone’s current ROM by opting for Backup&Restore and afterwards remembering to choose Backup again.
- As soon as the NANDroid backup has been performed, step four will ask you to opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data.
- Once every single data is wiped, step five needs you to click on Advanced.
- For the sixth step you will be told to choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and then wait for this to be over with. The second that happens, you will receive the following instruction: choose Install zip from SD card.
- Step seven will require this of you: select Choose zip from SD card, then make it your purpose to go to the Omega ROM file.
- Step eight is you doing the following: confirm the fact that you want to have this file flashed on your Galaxy S4 I9500. Now that you did that, have patience till you see that the file has been installed on the smartphone.
- For the last step, the ninth, you should keep in mind the following: after the flashing is finally done, opt for the system restarting.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 that you own is now joining the many others which use Omega ROM to make the user experience much more enjoyable.