Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SCH-I705 to Android 4.1.2 VRBMI1 Official Firmware
Android 4.1.2 VRBMI1 is our option for today’s tutorial aimed at your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 I705 if you live in the US. For this new firmware we want you to only use the recommended tablet because if you don’t, you will brick your other model; and keep in mind that only the Verizon version of your gadget should be used.
The launch date of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SCH-I705 is September 2012, whereas the firmware we’ll use to update it first appeared in October 2013; unfortunately, the firmware doesn’t have an activated KIES logo, so you won’t be able to update the tablet with Samsung’s KIES software.
If your tablet runs a custom ROM, you can upgrade it with today’s tutorial. In case you already tried to update your gadget via OTA (with the Software Update button under Settings menu) and failed to achieve a good result, you can still use our guide.
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean your tablet will sport from now on comes with several important additions. Here they are: all share, a fixed frame rate of 60 fps, group cast, automatic adjustment for widgets’ size, a new keyboard, Google Now, extended vsync timing, mini apps, triple buffering, sync and connect email updates, free style widget, pop up play and touch anticipation. Thanks to them, you will experience fluidity, improved functionality and smoothness.
After the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 I705 is updated, your tablet will have its root access revoked; also, its system partition will be erased. You will notice, though, that the internal and external SD cards as well as your gadget’s important data will not experience damage.
The coast is now clear for us to deliver the following pre-requisites:
- create two backups (the standard one and a full NANDroid one, generated with this guide);
- after that you should enable USB Debugging on your tablet;
- charge the battery of your gadget should its battery status tell you to do so;
- make sure no security program is running on the tablet and the laptop;
- flash USB drivers for the tablet from here on your notebook;
- your laptop or comp must run Windows.
Our next section includes the steps required for the update procedure.
- The way to start this well is by looking for Odin tool on this page and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 VRBMI1 stock firmware to download on your PC or laptop. Then save them there, as well, and unzip them with an unzipping tool.
- After this is over, you have to enter the tablet in this mode: Download Mode. We use this method to perform this: we press and hold, at the same time, Volume Down + Home + Power, then, once you see Android’s logo, press Power again on its own.
- When the tablet is in the Download Mode, you should do as follows: open Odin. Then, once this tool is launched, you have to connect the tablet to the laptop via the USB cable of your SCH-I705, then the Odin will tell you if the devices are plugged to one another.
- You will know that if you see an ID:COM box in yellow and an “Added!!” message on the screen. If Odin doesn’t show them, you have to remedy the situation on your own by selecting one of these two methods: flash the USB drivers a second time or choose another USB port to use.
- You are now ready to move on by clicking on PDA first, then choosing a file that should come with CODE in the name, after that tap Phone and choose a file with MODEM in the name, be sure to click on CSC next and then opt for a file with CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose a file with .pit in its name.
- You should do this next: select the boxes that are labelled Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time, then move on to the tapping of “Start” which will land the new firmware on your Tab 2 7.0 I705.
- After the tool is flashed on our tablet, the latter should go into a restarting state and, when that’s over, you will come across “Pass“. Disconnect the gadget from your PC or notebook after that and then launch the new VRBMI1 stock firmware from About Tablet.
If you’ve played a bit with the new Android 4.1.2 firmware and you prefer the old one, you need to use the NANDroid backup file. This is going to revoke the update.
If you feel the need to ask us something, leave a comment in the field below.