Upgrade Galaxy Golden GT-I9230 to Android 4.2.2 DDUAMJ2 Official Firmware
Galaxy Golden GT-I9230 will have an improved Android 4.2.2 version, all thanks to a developer who created DDUAMJ2 official firmware and then released it in October this year for the Indian version of your device.
The I9230 was launched this month. You’d better use this model if you want to update your handset without bricking your phone should it be a different model. The KIES logo on this new firmware is not activated, which basically means that you can’t use Samsung’s KIES software for the upgrade; as such, we recommend you to only upgrade your smartphone with either OTA (over the air) by using the Software Update button under your handset’s Settings menu or this tutorial, but only if your phone is not running a custom ROM.
Once the new firmware ends up installed on a rooted Galaxy Golden GT-I9230, its root access will soon be revoked. The system partition will also be affected, in the sense that it will be deleted. But the important data on your device will stay in place; the internal and external SD cards of your smartphone will not get damaged.
After you know all of this, let’s see what’s in stock for your device after the update is performed: new sounds for wireless charging and low battery, bug fixes, a new Gallery app which allows improved loading speed, new download notifications, USB debug white-list, fixed Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, long-pressing the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings will toggle the on/off state and that’s about it.
Below you will find the requirements that you must follow next:
- follow this guide only if your laptop is running Windows;
- turn USB Debugging on;
- charge the battery of your handset;
- make a couple of backups (one of them must be a regular one and the other must be a full NANDroid backup);
- flash USB drivers fit for the smartphone from here on your laptop;
- turn off, on your PC/laptop and handset, all of the pre-installed security programs;
- download the Jely Bean 4.2.2 DDUAMJ2 official firmware (the update is available for India) together with Odin v3.07 from this page on your notebook or comp.
- The two packages now being saved on your laptop or PC, you need to extract them on it, then be sure to have the smartphone enter Download Mode by following this method: press and hold, together, Home, Volume Down and Power. When the green robot appear, you must press the Volume up key.
- The Odin will, next, be required to be launched as Administrator so that you can afterwards connect your Samsung I9230 to your notebook.
- The plugging will only work after you see the display showing an ID:COM box becoming all yellow along with a message which says “Added!!“. When you notice trouble with the plugging, as in it doesn’t happen at all, you have to do one of the following tasks: install the USB drivers once again or use another USB port.
- Now continue with the guide. The step which follows the previous ones has you clicking on PDA, opting for a file with CODE in the name afterwards, tapping Phone, choosing a file with MODEM in the name, clicking on CSC, selecting a file that has CSC in the name, clicking on PIT and opting for a file with a .pit extension.
- The screen will then display a group of boxes; check, from them, only Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. Click on “Start” to kick start the flashing of the new firmware, then make sure you have patience until the installation is over; it will only be over with the restarting of the handset and a message appearing on the screen (message which says “Pass“). The second you have these elements happen one after the other, you should go ahead and unplug the two devices from one another.
When there is no connection between your phone and the laptop, you can start exploring the new firmware by tapping Settings and then opting for About Phone. If there’s something wrong with the Android 4.2.2 DDUAMJ2, or you have problems while updating the device, we advise you to leave a comment in the field below.
The new tool installed on your Galaxy Golden I9230 can be tricky if you’re used to the old ROM. In case you want to return to that one, you can use the NANDroid backup which is going to revoke the upgrade process.