Install XXUEMJ5 Jelly Bean 4.3 Official Firmware on Galaxy S4 I9505
If your country of residence is Germany (but not only) and you have Galaxy S4 I9505 as your main smartphone, we invite you to learn how to update it to XXUEMJ5 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware. Our method relies on some steps that we will uncover when the right time comes.
The firmware we base our guide on comes with many new features, tweaks and the like. Some of them are as follows: new Samsung keyboard, better RAM management, OpenGL 3.0 support, new and improved firmware for the phone’s camera, UI changes, a new browser and so on. All of these new additions, including ones which are meant to offer a better performance and a longer battery life make the firmware a must-have.
Before your device can have all of the above, you should read all about the following requirements:
- turn on USB Debugging;
- charge the battery of your phone;
- make backups using this method;
- download both I9505XXUEMJ5 Jelly Bean 4.3 and Odin tool (the newest version, available here) on your laptop;
- install USB drivers for your Galaxy S4 I9505 on your notebook.
Behold the steps which are going to deliver the new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEMJ5 official firmware on your handset.
- The first activities we urge you to perform: extract the upgrade file with a dedicated software (WinZip / WinRar) on your laptop’s desktop, power your Samsung I9505 off and after that make sure it’s in Download Mode; this mode should be booted into as specified here: press and hold Volume Down and Home at the same time while powering your handset on.
- Launch, next, the Odin tool v3.07.exe on the notebook. Then follow this up by plugging the phone to your laptop and then waiting to see if you did it successfully; which will be demonstrated by a message saying “Added!!” and by a yellow ID:COM box.
- If no connection whatsoever is going on, then you opt for one of the following solutions we have for you: get another USB port to use or just flash, again, the USB drivers.
- Next you will have to tap on some keys and then select some files that will open after you click on said buttons. Here are the instructions: tap PDA, opt for a file that contains CODE, then be sure to click on Phone, choose a file with a MODEM part in its name, tap CSC, opt for a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file that comes with a .pit extension.
- Don’t go away from Odin; stay where you are and make sure you check some boxes which are Repartition (check it only if the file with the .pit extension was opted for), Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Now tap, in Odin, the button called “Start“, then wait for the flashing to begin. After the installation is all over, you should see if the smartphone restarts. If it does that, you can disconnect the phone from your laptop.
- Then power the device off as soon as its home screen appears and then boot the phone into Recovery Mode a second time. Now go to the Recovery Menu and opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data.
- Restart the Galaxy S4 I9505 by choosing the appropriate option from it menu. Your smartphone will, very soon, boot. And with that, your handset will impress you with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build XXUEMJ5 official firmware as soon as you access it from “About Phone“.