Install Android 4.4.2 XXUANB2 on Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520
Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520 is destined for Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Which it will get to experience very soon. But only if you tale a look at the tutorial below!
We are helped, in our plans, by the recently launched XXUANB2. The firmware came out specifically for Southeast Europe. The most important thing is to get the new firmware installed on the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520. Which means that you shouldn’t use this guide on another tablet; if, however, you do, you will brick it.
If your gadget has root access beforehand, it won’t have it after the update’s performed. Another con of installing the new firmware: the system partition of your device will be erased. Don’t fear a damage done to the important data; it won’t happen. The internal and external SD cards will be saved, too.
When you’re set on an update, you will get in contact with many novelties. Each of them will bring improvements among many other things. Such as new apps, the disappearance of an app called App Ops and tweaks so as to enjoy a longer battery life. The other goodies you’ll get access to are tweaks to improve the tablet’s performance and new features. The Android 4.4.2 also contains options to personalize the tablet.
Allow us to present the following compulsory requirements:
- go to the notebook and disable its security programs for now;
- deactivate, for the duration of this guide, the security solutions running on the tablet;
- make a regular backup and also a full NANDroid one, via this article’s instructions;
- search for USB drivers compatible with the tablet;
- Windows should be the notebook’s only operating system;
- charge the battery of the Samsung SM-T520;
- activate USB Debugging on your tablet.
Step by step instructions
- Do the following for step one: download, from here, Odin and go to this site to download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUANB2 for Southeast Europe. Both of these must be downloaded on the notebook, then saved there as well.
- Unzip each of them with 7Zip and then make sure the SM-T520 is booted into Download Mode. Here’s how to enter the device in that mode: press and hold, together, Volume Down and Power, then see if a warning screen appears; when it does, press Volume Up.
- Next task to perform: launch the Odin on the laptop as an Admin. When you’re done, perform this step: create a connection among the tablet and the notebook with the former’s USB cable. When Odin’s found the gadget, you will be able to see a yellow ID:COM box and then “Added!” on the display.
- If the plugging ends badly: use another USB port. If this also doesn’t work: flash, again, the USB drivers on the laptop.
- What needs to be done next is easy. Simply tap BL, choose a file with BL in the name and tap AP. You should then do as follows: opt for a file containing AP in the name, tap CP, choose a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, click on PIT and select a file with an extension called .pit.
- We then suggest these actions: tap some boxes. They should be labelled thus: Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- If these boxes are all clicked on, go and tap “Start“. In a matter of seconds, the XXUANB2 will begin to flash itself on the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520.
- This stage of our guide will end in a few minutes, so it’s best to have patience for a bit. Then, when the flashing’s complete, the tablet is going to do two things: reboot on its own and show up with a green-colored “Pass” message. Unplug the gadget from your notebook as soon as this happens.
- That’s all: the new firmware is now on your tablet. To see it with your own eyes: tap Settings and then activate About Tablet.
The XXUANB2 will then greet you with all of its novelties. So why don’t you give them a try and see what happens?
In case the previous ROM was way more appealing, restore it with the NANDroid backup file. With this, you will lose the update since it will be revoked.
Are there questions you want us to answer? Then use the comment field below this post.