How to Flash KitKat 4.4.2 Elegancia Custom ROM on HTC One
HTC One is joined by Android 4.4.2 Elegancia KitKat custom ROM in this tutorial. Go ahead and follow it if you want to experience an improved smartphone!
Here are some of the most important changes that you’ll enjoy: Advanced Power Menu, HTC Sense 5.5, new apps (over 95) which can be removed easily, multi-language and a cam featuring 360 support. There are also Full Sprint Support, CRT-off animation, stability, no security issues, faster speeds, myHUB, smoothness and much more.
The novelties are also made of the following: busybox and init.d support, an optional Google 4.3 camera and a disabled signature check. The custom ROM comes already rooted with the newest Superuser available. You will get to use a mail.apk with turned-off security (by default). The battery of your phone will last more. There are ramdisk and also memory enhancements.
The update can only begin after you are done with these pre-requisites:
- root the handset;
- install, on it, a custom recovery;
- USB drivers for your handset must be downloaded, from here, on your laptop;
- fully charge the batter inside your HTC One;
- create as many backups as are needed to save the data on your handset;
- turn USB Debugging on;
- use a factory unlocked device;
- download Elegancia KitKat 4.4.2 custom ROM for your handset on the laptop;
- configure Fastboot and also ADB on the notebook.
Step by step instructions
- After performing the instructions recently mentioned above, be sure to unzip boot.img from the zip file. As soon as you’ve secured the necessary files on your notebook, plug the smartphone to it. The tool you should use for this: the HTC One’s USB cord.
- It’s now best to transfer the custom ROM zip file to the handset’s SD card root and then move the boot.img file here: android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. The HTC One will then need to be powered off.
- Here comes the next step: after the device is no longer running, you have to enter it in Fastboot Mode/Bootloader by powering the HTC One on first.
- Here’s how you need to do that: simultaneously press and hold Volume Down and Power. After performing this step, we recommend going to the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools folder that’s located on your laptop.
- Once you land there, you need to move on by doing this: stay on the notebook and make sure you launch Command Prompt.
- For that you should press Shift and right-click on Open Command Prompt. Then enter this command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img.
Press Enter when done. After that make sure you enter another command:
- Move on by pressing Enter again, then wait for a couple of guidelines to appear on the display. When they pop up on the screen, follow them and then opt for BOOTLOADER.
- Next up: find RECOVERY and then wait until your handset is in ClockworkMod Recovery.
- When you are there, do as follows: choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data. This is going to make sure that your phone has a full data wipe performed on it. You will then be required to opt for Wipe Cache Partition.
- After a cache wipe is done, you should stay in the Recovery Mode and do this: tap Advanced, choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and have patience.
- A wipe of the phone’s Dalvik cache will begin soon. This will ensure that the HTC One doesn’t encounter problems such as boot loops.
- Once you are done with all of this, our advice is to return to the smartphone’s main recovery screen. From there you need to opt for the following: Install zip from SD card and then Choose zip from SD card.
- Follow this task up by going to the SD card root where the custom ROM zip file is located; use the keys for Volume to end up there.
- You need to choose this file with Power and after that confirm the flashing of the Android 4.4.2 Elegancia KitKat Custom ROM. The flashing will then begin and should end in a matter of a couple of minutes.
- After you are done with the waiting part, do this: go to +++Go back+++. You should now opt for Restart System Now from the device’s Recovery Menu. This way, the HTC One is going to restart.
If the updating doesn’t go well, tell us about it by leaving comments in the box below.