Update Galaxy Y S5360 to PhoYdroid Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM
There’s a new update in town for Galaxy Y S5360: PhoYdroid Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Galaxy Nexus has many apps, features, options and so on that are great for the people who own that phone. The latter’s user interface is another great asset. What we described just now can be experienced on your Galaxy Y S5360, too, all thanks to the new PhoYdroid custom ROM and its ability to transfer all of the newbies to your handset once the update is over. The new stuff is there for a reason: to enhance the performance of the phone, to improve its battery, to let the handset’s user install custom ROMs and more.
Your role in the upgrade is simple: just follow the steps we include in this tutorial. Before you perform them, you should give your undivided attention to the following set of requirements:
- root the smartphone via these instructions;
- turn on USB Debugging by launching Menu, tapping Settings, choosing Developer Options and after that looking for the USB Debugging option and enabling it;
- make backups using the same recommended tutorial;
- charge the battery of your handset to avoid losing crucial data;
- get a custom recovery on the phone after it’s rooted, from here;
- download Google Apps package from here and the new PhoYdroid custom ROM on your laptop;
- turn off those programs which protect your handset and your laptop from different kind of threats.
Step-by-Step Installation Guide
- When the file required for today’s update ends up on your phone, you will no longer see the warranty in place, so make sure you downgrade to stock Android or upgrade the phone to official Android OS.
- Now that the two files we told you to download are saved on your notebook’s or PC’s desktop, you should move on to other steps. Such as this one: leave the two zip files unzipped and then connect the handset to the laptop by making use of the USB cord that is available with the Galaxy Y S5360.
- Now go to the desktop of your notebook or comp; from there, find the two saved files. After you dig them up, you should move them from there to the SD card root of the smartphone and unplug the devices from one another at the end of the transfer.
- If you are done with these tasks, you have to power the phone off first; second: restart it in Recovery Mode and then opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data. Choose, afterwards, the option called Wipe Cache Partition and the one known as Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- As soon as the wiping tasks are performed, you can go back to the Recovery Menu. From there, we ask you to choose these options: Install zip from SD card and then Choose zip from SD card.
- The PhoYdroid Android 4.2.2 custom ROM archive should be selected so that it can be flashed on the phone. Once the installation is complete, you have to install the Google Apps the same way.
- Then go to the Recovery Menu and choose this: +++go back+++. Restart your phone by choosing for the appropriate option. The Galaxy Y S5360 can, from now on, enjoy the new update and everything it implies.