How to root the LG Optimus V
All you need to know on how to root your LG Optimus V VM670 is found in today’s post.
This process also needs your handset to respect certain requirements. It’s best to first backup the data you perceive as the most valuable and to fully charge the Optimus V. Then you need to have a Recovery Image, turn USB debugging on, download the official LG Drivers for this model, turn off every security program you have installed on your laptop, get De Odexed and the Stock ROM Rooted file.
Which are the following.
- It all starts with this: extract the files from the Drivers archive in a folder, on your PC.
- For step 2, access the folder with the extracted files and run the installer; that way the phone’s drivers will be installed on the comp you use. Then extract the Super One Click Rooting tools .zip file to the same directory.
- For the third step you have to wait until the extraction of the Super One Tool is finished; once that’s done, connect the Optimus V to your laptop via the USB cord.
- Next step: copy the Stock ROM Rooted file from the PC to the phone’s internal memory card.
- Step 5: access the location of the files then click on Shell root file. Now you must extract the recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img.zip and the flash_image.zip and to the phone’s SD card.
- Step 6: move the Optimized.zip archive and the Stock Rooted file at the root.
- For the seventh step you have to open the Command line in your laptop using the same method: Start > Cmd.
- Step 8 goes like this: select the location where the adb.exe file is located. After the file localization you must introduce these commands:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-GNM-thunderc-s-1.1.0.img
- Now comes step 9, for which you need to wait till your phone enter in the Recovery Mode.
- When it does that, step 10 tells you to choose Backup. Then opt for Backup NAND and return to the Menu.
- The eleventh step requires the following operation: execute the Flash Zip file from the memory card when you reach the Main Menu. After this, you must flash the Stock Rooted & Optimized file. At the end of the process you must choose Factory reset/Wipe data and not other option.
- Step 12: if the phone is not rooting, you must repeat the entire procedure. If you don’t know how to enter the recovery mode, do the following: press the keys labeled Home, Volume Down and Power.
And with this you are done. Your LG Optimus V VM670 has just been rooted.