Update Galaxy Trend Lite S7390 to Android 4.1.2 XXUAMJ3 Stock Firmware
XXUAMJ3 is the newest firmware to grace your Galaxy Trend Lite S7390 with its presence. This official firmware was created so that your device could sport Android 4.1.2. The procedure via which this new firmware can be flashed on the handset is an update. To apply it, follow today’s guide!
The Galaxy Trend Lite GT-S7390 was launched for the first time this October. The new stock ROM came out the same month for Romania (Cosmote), whereas for Poland it was released in November. Because the new firmware doesn’t have an activated KIES logo, the upgrade will have to happen either with the aid of our guide or OTA (over the air, for which the smartphone must absolutely have a stock ROM pre-installed) with the Software Update button under Settings menu or this tutorial.
As soon as your Galaxy Trend Lite S7390 is updated, the device will not have root access access and the system partition will be erased. As for the important data, it will not be affected; the internal and external SD cards will also be fine. But, to get the most out of the XXUAMJ3, you should use our steps only on this phone model. In case you don’t, your handset or tablet will be bricked.
The new features which come with the new firmware include sync and connect email updates, triple buffering all share, pop up play, group cast, a fixed frame of 60 fps, extended Vsync timing, an automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, Google Now, a bunch of mini apps, touch anticipation and free style widget and a keyboard that’s completely new.
These new additions are going to be a part of your phone after you get in touch with these requirements first:
- make sure the battery of your device is fully charged;
- be sure your laptop ships with Windows;
- create a regular backup and also a full NANDroid one, using these instructions;
- be sure your handset has USB Debugging turned on;
- turn off each of the the security programs that are running on the handset and the laptop;
- download USB drivers compatible with the Galaxy Trend S7390 on the notebook.
Step by step instructions
- The following should happen for our first step: download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXUAMJ3 (the Romania Cosmote version from here and the Poland version from this place) and Odin from this page on the laptop. After you’ve made some place on the latter for these 2 packages, you should save them, too, then extract them.
- After the unzipping is all done, boot the Galaxy Trend Lite in Download Mode by performing these instructions: simultaneously press + hold Volume Down, Home and Power and, after you do that, the screen will display Android’s logo so that you can press Power once more.
- The Odin will need to function as an Admin on the laptop, so launch it there and then do this with the phone’s USB cord: connect the handset to the notebook and, when “Start” and an ID:COM box in yellow are shown on the screen, the connection will have been established. If not, we urge you to either re-install, on the laptop, the USB drivers from before or use another USB port.
- Once you’ve done the above, we will ask you to continue by tapping PDA, opting for a file with CODE in the name, tapping Phone next, opting for a file with MODEM in the name, clicking on CSC, selecting a file sporting CSC in the name, clicking on PIT and choosing a file with .pit extension in the name.
- Check Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot for the next step, then be sure the flashing of the new firmware begins by doing the following: tap “Start” and wait.
- After about 10 minutes have passed, the S7390 will reboot. After it restarts, the device’s display will deliver a message saying “Pass“. Disconnect the devices from each other because your handset is now updated!
The XXUAMJ3 official firmware has just settled itself in About Phone. This section should be reached by tapping Settings. Make sure you experiment a bit with the new firmware and, if you dislike it, the NANDroid backup is there to revoke the update process and restore your smartphone to its previous ROM.
We advise you to use the comment field below if you have questions.