Update Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE to Jelly Bean 4.3 LiquidSmooth v2.10 custom ROM
Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE only needs LiquidSmooth v2.10 ROM to allow the existence of Jelly Bean 4.3 to work its magic on it. Which magic extends to new features (borrowed from AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, ParanoidAndroid, CyanogenMod and many other such custom ROMs out there.
These new features will be joined by many customization options, a longer life for the phone’s battery unit, a superior performance overall and so on. If your device has lacked all of this, update it to this new ROM asap!
However, we think you should first jump to the following list of pre-requisites:
- root the Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE;
- flash, on the same device, a custom recovery;
- create backups (include, here, a full NANDroid one, made with this guide);
- turn on USB Debugging;
- sync your handset’s Contacts info with the Gmail account you have, using this tutorial;
- charge the battery of your device;
- download Gapps package from here and Jelly Bean 4.3 LiquidSmooth custom ROM on your laptop.
These preparations are compulsory, so follow them accordingly, then follow the steps below if you want a smooth transition into the update.
- For the beginning of our tutorial, you should plug the phone to the laptop. After the two are connected to one another, you have to take the two zip files from the laptop and move them to the SD card root of your handset.
- As soon as you are all done with this copy+paste action, you can unplug your phone from your notebook and then switch the Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE off.
- After a short while, make sure you enter the smartphone into Recovery Mode. In case no NANDroid backups was created for the requirements we listed above, you can make one now by following our instructions.
- The process will require you to perform several tasks depending on your custom recovery. If the latter is TWRP, you have to make the backup by pressing “Backup”, choosing what system files you want to backup and then confirm. But if the custom recovery is CWM, then you should opt for “Backup&Restore” and, when done, be sure to backup the file on the device’s memory card.
- The next step will ask you to perform a factory reset. Once more, this will depend on whether you have the CWM or the TWRP. If it’s the former, you should choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and confirm; in case it’s the second option, you have to tap “Wipe“, swipe a blue key at the bottom of the custom recovery’s menu and wait for this confirmation to happen.
- Now you should learn how to flash the update file if you’re using the TWRP. Follow these guidelines: after you tap “Install“, you should look for the new ROM archive and then confirm its flashing (by swiping the same blue key). Should your device use the CWM, then we recommend you to choose Install zip from SD card, opt for Choose zip from SD card, search the update file and then confirm.
- Next: install the Google Apps package by redoing what you were required to perform for the installation of the other file. Then go back to the Recovery screen and restart the phone in Normal Mode.
- After you’re done, you can finally go to your Gmail account, enter your info there and experience the new firmware. In case the LiquidSmooth v2.10 ROM fails to land on your Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE, you will have to simply redo our guide with all of its steps.