How to Install Android 4.2.2 XXUBNA1 on Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195
XXUBNA1 is out for this smartphone: Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195. What this new firmware can do for your device is to bring Android 4.2.2 so that you can make the best out of its new features.
The new official firmware is only meant for Ireland (Three) owners of the Galaxy S4 Mini. No other model should be used for this guide as it will be bricked at once. You can, if you want to, upgrade the device with KIES software; the KIES logo is activated just for this purpose. As always, a stock ROM must be featured on the phone if you select this method.
Now for the tour of the goodies which the new firmware arrives with: the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, low battery bug fixes and a new set of sounds for wireless charging. There are other novelties to be excited about: a new set of download notifications, a USB debug white-list and a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading. You won’t have to put up with Bluetooth audio streaming bugs since there are none of them on this version.
A rooted Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 will affect it. You will first notice that your smartphone’s root access will be revoked. After that, you’ll see that your device’s system partition will be erased. That’s about all in terms of cons. The internal and external SD cards will be preserved, as will the important data.
Our pre-requisites look like this:
- there are USB drivers online which are suitable for your handset, so find them and download them on the laptop;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- charge the battery of your Galaxy S4 Mini I9195;
- make a backup and a full NANDroid backup using these step by step instructions;
- your notebook must sport Windows;
- in case your phone and your laptop feature security programs, they must be disabled for this procedure;
- the Ireland Three Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBNA1 is here for download on your notebook;
- Odin is another file that must be download on your laptop from this page.
Step by step instructions
- Now check if you have installed on your computer one of the following: WinZip, WinRar or 7Zip. You will need it to unzip the Odin and the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBNA1 for the first step.
- In case the extraction is done, you should boot the smartphone in Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Volume Down and Power at the same time, waiting for a screen of warning to make its appearance on the display and then pressing Volume Up.
- If you’ve completed this task, you need to launch the Odin as Administrator on the notebook. Then establish a connection between the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 and your laptop. The USB cord of the handset will be of help here.
- You will soon see “Added” appear on the screen. Next, an ID:COM box will turn up on the display in yellow. If they don’t, it’s best to correct this error by using another USB port or by installing the USB drivers once more.
- When a connection is established, do the following: tap BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, tap AP, choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, choose a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, select a file which has CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose a file with an extension that has .pit in it.
- Your next task is to check Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time from the boxes that will pop up.
- When each of the boxes indicated has been activated, we need you to tap “Start” and wait for the new firmware to be flashed on the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195.
- If the process is done, you should wait for the smartphone to restart on its own; a “Pass” message should also come up. When you spot it, the handset and the laptop can be separated from one another.
- That’s because the new firmware is finally on your handset. To successfully find it and then test it, you should tap Settings and then About Phone.
If the XXUBNA1 firmware seems to be unappealing, you have the option of getting the previous ROM back. Which is why we told you to create a full NANDroid backup. So go to the NANDroid backup file and use it to restore the said ROM. Once done, the update procedure shall be revoked.
You can drop comments or ask us questions via the filed below this post!