Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660
Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 has reached its turn to receive, at last, ClockworkMod Recovery. So, if you own this smartphone and you’ve just finished a tutorial on how to root it, you must have found out that you can now flash a custom recovery image on it.
You’ve also probably heard about all the advantages that such a tool can deliver to make your user experience better in more ways than one. Some of the pros of this CWM Recovery are the following: generating backups of the actual version of ROM that’s present on the phone, installing different kinds of custom ROMs and many other surprises that will reveal themselves after you land this custom recovery on this device.
If we’ve managed to convince you that the ClockworkMod Recovery is something awesome for your Galaxy Gio GT-S5660, then you should try our guide out. It contains some pre-requisites and some steps which will make the whole process easier and more pleasant to pass through.
Does it sound like something you’d like to experience? If your answer is yes, then let’s see what those requirements are: download, on your laptop, the ClockworkMod Recovery and charge the battery of the smartphone. Also, don’t forget to create a backup; that way, you won’t regret, later on, that you haven’t taken better care of the important data on your handset.
Now it’s our turn to mention all the steps which will flash the CWM Recovery on the Galaxy Gio GT-S5660. Their importance is crucial, so follow all of them in the order we laid out below.
- The first of these steps provides the following prompts for you: send the downloaded CWM Recovery to your laptop’s desktop; now use the handset’s USB cord as a means to connect the phone to your computer and afterwards take the CWM Recovery file from the desktop to the memory card root of the Galaxy Gio GT-S5660.
- The tasks that you will have to perform for step number two are made of the following: wait for the previous file to be sent where we told you before, then disconnect the devices from one another so that you can perform the third step.
- Which needs you to power the smartphone off. When the latter is no longer running, you should restart it into a mode called Recovery; here is how we like to do it: press and hold Power and Home simultaneously.
- The next step, the fourth, is looking like this: concentrate on finding and then opting for Apply update from memory card. After choosing that option, you have to select the CWM Recovery file and then watch as the phone is installed with it. This will take a couple of minutes to end.
- When the file is on the Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660, your last task, part of the fifth and final step, will be the following: reboot the smartphone. This marks the end of our guide and the beginning of a beautiful friendship between you and your handset which features the ClockworkMod Recovery.