Install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UBUAMG2 official firmware on Galaxy S4 Mini I9190
Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 has received, directly from its manufacturer, UBUAMG2 official firmware. So that your phone can be upgraded to it through a dedicated tutorial such as this one today.
This tool is the one which is going to make sure your handset experiences all of the features and such which make Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean popular among gadget users.
Samsung have released this firmware for folks over in Brazil. However, the UBUAMG2 works on the Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 model used in Mexico and Jamaica, as well.
Should your handset be rooted already, the update shall take that away from your phone, so that in the end you will need to root the device again.
Now that we told you about all of this, we will next indicate the requirements you must follow:
- turn on USB Debugging;
- charge the battery of the phone;
- create backups in case the guide does not end well;
- install USB drivers for the smartphone on the laptop;
- download the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 UBUAMG2 firmware (Jamaica version is also available) and Odin tool on your notebook;
- use only the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190.
All the steps you must follow to upgrade your phone are below.
How to update your phone with UBUAMG2
- The first two of them should go like this: after the new official firmware archive is on your PC, you need to unzip its files and then power the Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 off.
- Boot the smartphone into Download Mode; which is not difficult to perform, you only need to press and simultaneously hold Volume Up and Power, then wait for Android’s logo and press Power.
- Return to the laptop next, then go to Odin and open it. The next step to operate needs you to do as follows: connect the handset to the notebook and have patience to see whether or not this process happens accordingly. In case you don’t see a COM port number in yellow or “Added” on the display, you have to adopt one of the following solutions: use another USB port or flash the USB drivers for the second time.
- There are some files which you should select now. Start by tapping PDA, opting for a file containing CODE in the name, then tap on Phone and select a file that has MODEM in the name. Now click on PIT and opt for a file which sports CSC in the name. Then tap PIT and after that choose a file with a .pit extension.
- From the Odin tool, make sure you select these boxes: Re-partition (if you chose the .pit file), F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Stay in Odin and start the flashing of the upgrade firmware by pressing “START“.
- Wait for the end of this process. The device will soon restart and display its home screen. The latter is an indication of the fact that you should unplug the phone from the laptop. The “About phone” of your Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 now has the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean UBUAMG2 official firmware.
NOTE: We will end this tutorial by telling you how to get your phone unstuck from booting animation.
The first thing to do: enter the smartphone in Recovery Mode, choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data, opt for Wipe Cache Partition and then restart the phone by going for the appropriate option.