Install XXAME4 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware on Galaxy Young S6310
There is official firmware that can update your Galaxy Young S6310 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and it goes by the name of XXAME4.
For the sake of a procedure that runs smoothly, you should, as always, beware of these pre-requisites:
- charge, if needed, the battery of your smartphone till the battery icon reads 100% charged;
- flash USB drivers for the handset on the laptop;
- turn on the usual option you know as USB Debugging;
- create backups via these instructions;
- use the Galaxy Young S6310 which is unlocked from the factory;
- it’s perfectly fine if you don’t have a rooted smartphone;
- you shouldn’t worry if your handset does not sport a custom recovery image.
Before our lesson on how to update your phone to the newest iteration of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean begins, we feel obliged to tell you the following: in case you do have a Young GT-S6310 that you have rooted before, as soon as the guide is over, the device is going to need a re-rooting. So find the tutorial you used for this procedure and follow it once more so that the phone gets all rooted again.
How to flash XXAME4 on Samsung Galaxy Young
- Without wasting any more time, here is the first task you must go through to update your phone: download the XXAME4 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware (if the file is not compatible with your country, you can search for the name of the firmware in the dedicated field, on the target website) and Odin tool on your laptop and after the zip files are on this device, you should extract the content that’s on the first of them.
- Then power the smartphone off, because you will be required to boot it into Download Mode. This is done by following a few simple steps: press and simultaneously hold Volume Down and Power, then wait for the manufacturer’s logo to appear on the screen; or you will need to wait until you spot the logo of Google’s Android.
- Either way, when you see one of those two signs, you will be able to move on with the tutorial by performing the following: launch the Odin zip file on your PC and then make sure to plug the S6310 to the notebook.
- After you come across an ID:COM box whose main color is yellow, you can rest assured that the plugging did happen; if you don’t see anything of the like, you should flash, again, the USB drivers. Or you have to instead use a different USB port.
- You will have to opt for certain files next. Here are our indications: click on PDA, choose a file that comes with CODE in its name, tap Phone and then opt for a file which has MODEM inside its name, click on CSC and choose a file whose name should have CSC in it and then, at last, click on PIT and after that choose a file with .pit in its name.
- Don’t stay away from Odin and now select these boxes: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. You should choose the second option in case you went for the .pit file; otherwise don’t choose that box and instead do this: begin the flashing of the XXAME4 by tapping START.
- Once the firmware for your phone’s upgrade is already on the Galaxy Young S6310, then the latter will soon after that restart on its own; look around for its Home Screen; then end the guide by disconnecting the handset from your personal comp.
Now find the device’s “About Phone” setting and look, there, for the XXAME4 Android 4.1.2 official firmware. If you cannot locate it in that particular spot, you should simply redo the tutorial until it appears there. Then have a go at it!