Install ZNLS5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Official Firmware on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
Your most prized possession, Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, has official firmware by its side to help it get Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
To use this ZNLS5 for our guide, you need to first create a backup for your phone using this dedicated guide (plus one of the data on the internal memory using an external SD card), use the S2 I9100 that is bootloader and carrier unlocked, make sure you have a notebook that works with Windows (flash CrossOver Utility should your device run Mac or Linux instead), charge the battery of your handset, flash USB drivers for it on your notebook and turn on USB debugging.
- The start of today’s guide is offered by these prompts: download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZNLS5 official ROM and Odin tool on your laptop; they have to be unzipped then. Two particular files should be on your desktop after you do as recommended: .tar.md5 and Odin 3.07.exe.
- The S2 GT-I9100 will be able to boot into Download Mode once it’s powered off and then you need to make sure to press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time; the appearance of Android’s logo will tell you that the Download Mode has been reached.
- The Odin 3.07.exe we mentioned above will need to run as Admin; in order to make that happen, you have to do as follows: use the right click method on odin.exe first; now click on Run as administrator from context menu.
- When you have just finished doing that, other tasks will need to be performed. And they are the following: plug the smartphone to your laptop and then choose several files; here is how to proceed with the latter task:
– click on PDA and opt for a file with CODE inside its name;
– click on Phone and choose MODEM;
– if you click on CSC, you should also select a file with CSC in its name;
– once you click on PIT, you will see .pit file emerge, so opt for it.
- F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Repartition are the three major boxes that need to be chosen; the Repartition one should be chosen if you were to select the .pit file in our earlier instructions. If you click on Start now, the ZNLS5 is going to get into a flashing stage, so patience will be asked of you for that to happen.
- The handset will then start to reboot by its own then. When PASS is on its touchscreen, you will be able to disconnect the phone from your PC and then see the update firmware on the device’s “About phone“.
Not every tutorial out there goes without one issue or more. If you notice that your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 is stuck in the manufacturer’s logo or it shows boot animation on loop, rest assured you can find a solution to this.
Which is the following: go to the Recovery Mode like we taught you above, then remember to operate two tasks. Here they are: Factory Reset/Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition. The last thing to do to solve the problem: reboot your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.