Root Galaxy Fame S6810 on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAME2 Firmware via Motochopper
We are just fresh off a tutorial on how to update your Galaxy Fame S6810 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAME2. If you have already followed that guide and you want to root your phone, you can do that by taking a look at this post.
The tool which is helping us helping you is called Motochopper and is meant for your handset; its creator is none other than a member on XDA Developers forum, so you’ll know that this tool is 100% great. You can also install the update file via Samsung’s KIES software.
Your job for the next couple of minutes will be to simply follow the next bunch of requirements. Which sound like this: fully charge the battery that’s currently residing in your Galaxy Fame GT-S6810, look for USB drivers that are manufactured for your particular smartphone model, install them on your notebook, make as many backups as you want using this guide in order to keep track of all the data sported by your phone, turn on USB Debugging on the Fame S6810 and only use this model.
In case you really want to own a rooted Samsung S6810 from this moment on, we will first give you fair warning about the phone’s warranty: the latter will be sure to leave your device after you complete our guide. Unrooting the smartphone is the best solution you have to get the warranty back where it should be. So be sure to locate a tutorial on the procedures that will help achieve that scope.
Now take a peek at the steps below. With their help, your device will get its rooting in due time.
- Download, first, Root Package archive (file name is motochopper.zip) on your laptop. Find the right tool to unzip the Motochopper file there, then plug the smartphone to your device with the USB cord which belongs to the former.
- You will then be left with a file called run.bat; so, after you spot it, you need to go to the directory you extracted it on and execute that file (in case the operating system on the notebook is either OS X or Linux instead, then you should go to the unzipped directory which is available via the command line; then execute “./run.sh“).
- Do this as your next task: wait until you see a group of instructions on your display. Then do as they say and the rooting is going to begin not long after you are done with them.
- After the handset goes through that rooting stage, it shall soon boot into Normal Mode afterwards, which is short for “you can finally disconnect your Galaxy Fame S6810 from your PC”.
- Then, after the two devices are not attached to each other anymore, you will have to check the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAME2 official firmware out by going to your handset’s Settings and then selecting About phone. You can also download Root Checker app (which is in Google Play Store) to make sure the handset is rooted. If it isn’t, repeat the tutorial until it is.
As soon as you register that your smartphone is rooted, you can go ahead and download many new tools on it. Like custom ROMs, root-only apps and other such. You will soon notice how all of them are going to make your Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810 perform better than it ever did!