How to Root Galaxy S4 Value Edition GT-I9515
To own a rooted Galaxy S4 Value Edition GT-I9515 is very beneficial. The moment you experience root access, you’ll see why it’s so important to a gadget. Under this are several things: info about the rooting tool we chose and the steps that’ll bring it on your phone. Enjoy!
As an unrooted device, your smartphone has battery issues; and it lacks many new things. That’ll be a thing of the past very soon. Thanks to SRSRoot, the Galaxy S4 Value Edition GT-I9515 is going to see a lot of improvement. Each of the goodies we’ll soon reveal come from an app which is powered by an SRS Server. Added value is given by this fact: the app functions for free. With it you can enjoy root access even if your phone isn’t the model included in today’s post. Also, this dedicated SRSRoot app is perfectly at ease with numerous Build IDs; speaking of which, KOT49H.I9515XXU1ANC1 is the one we worked with. To experience an unrooted device again, all you have to do is use the same app.
The benefits of this method
The smartphone you want to improve will do great with root access on it. The new app you’ll play with shall give you these to consider: customization and battery options. Superuser / admin permission and new features are delivered, too. Android 4.4.2 KitKat is the operating system your handset consists of; the rooting app won’t damage it. As a matter of fact, the app is known for its compatibility with every single one of Google’s OS variants. The freeware can also bring custom ROMs and a faster quad-core 1.9 GHz processor. Last but not least are these: root-only apps.
Also known as Samsung Galaxy S IV Value Edition and Samsung I9515, your device will be free of viruses, bloatware and other such stuff. After it’s rooted, however, it will have to give up on the warranty. Luckily, you have tutorials whose purpose is to restore it.
The phone will no longer be rooted if it’s upgraded. Likewise, its system partition will have to be erased from it. But what will stay are the phone’s data, internal / external SD cards and other such important things.
We recommend taking a look at our requirements, then perform our rooting steps. The pre-requisites say something like this:
- download, on your laptop from here, USB drivers that are 100% compatible with your Galaxy S4 Value Edition GT-I9515;
- after you’re done, install them on the laptop;
- the battery levels on your smartphone will tell you whether or not you need to recharge the device;
- get ready to protect the data on your smartphone by generating some backups;
- a full NANDroid backup has to be created, as well;
- the security programs which are contained by the handset have to be deactivated;
- the security programs that are running on the phone will also have to be deactivated;
- the smartphone will need you to enable its USB Debugging option;
- your laptop should come with a Windows version.
Step by step instructions
This is where things take up speed. Your job is to simply get the phone and laptop prepared for the whole procedure.
- Download, for starters, the SRSRoot app on the laptop. The tool is easy to access; simply click on this link. When you are on the page we indicated, you’ll see a download button; click on it.
- When the download is all over, flash the app and open it on your laptop. The smartphone’s Unknown Sources has to be activated next; this option’s right underneath Settings (which you can get to from Menu).
- Here’s another job for you to do: enable USB Debugging. This step may be discarded if you already turned the option on. A connection has to be created between the phone and laptop.
- The handset comes with a USB cable; this element will prove useful when plugging the two devices. Once the connection’s completed, you’d better do this: find and tap Root Device (All Methods). In case you’ve done as mentioned, the rooting of your phone will start at once.
- All in all, this process will not take more than 11 minutes; should the procedure really need more time than that, you had better repeat the steps from before.
- Then, if the smartphone’s done with the rooting phase, restart it. When this has to be done, you have Reboot System Now at your disposal; by clicking on it, your Samsung GT-I9515 will enter the necessary rebooting mode.
- When it’s done with that, you have to take a decision about the phone’s root access; in case you don’t want it anymore, the SRSRoot will revoke it for you!
Along the way you may run into trouble. Find answers to your questions below (especially if you experience problems with either one of our steps).