How to Root Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102
If you just heard that Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 can be rooted and you want to do it on your own, the fastest way is via a guide. Its steps are described below, so make sure you stay on this page!
With SRSRoot app installed on the smartphone, you can say goodbye to a slow CPU, a lack of new features and so on. This is a rooting tool which provides all kinds of new and awesome options for your smartphone. Each of them will bring something that wasn’t there but should be available.
The novelties that you’ll be able to get a taste of are all capable of improving your handset. If you don’t know what we’re talking about, we’ll explain ourselves now. This tool has been created to allow you to use new features and especially battery tweaks. Among the goodies are also performance boosters; which include options to make the 832 MHz CPU deliver superior speeds.
The benefits of this method
Other novelties are represented by custom ROMs and root-only applications. They aren’t the only ones to be featured on the phone. The rooting offers superuser and admin permission along with features that are going to be of help when you wish to have a personalized device. From what we were able to see, the SRSRoot didn’t make us go through security problems. Neither did it bring unwanted files, programs and the lot.
To root your handset, you are free to select any sort of Build ID. We ourselves chose this one: GINGERBREAD.DDLE2.
Otherwise known as Samsung GT-S6102B, your device can be unrooted with the same software. This app, totally free of charge, is powered by the SRS Server. And it doesn’t only work on your phone. This app offers 100% compatibility with many other brands. It also functions on a device no matter what Android version it has. Yours comes with a 2.3.6 Gingerbread variant.
You have to be aware that this kind of procedure involves cons. They are made up of a deleted system partition, not to mention a revoked root access. But that will happen only in the case of an upgrade. If there’s no update in your plans, you will lose the warranty. Both internal and external SD cards will be kept should you upgrade a device with full access. Safe from damage is the phone’s data, too.
To perform a rooting on a device, requirements have to be offered. Ours are under this paragraph:
- preserve the phone’s data through backups;
- some tips will help you perform a full NANDroid backup;
- locate USB Debugging on the S6102 and tap it to activate it;
- look at the handset’s battery level and, if it’s low, charge the phone;
- your notebook must feature USB drivers for the handset;
- go here and download them on the notebook;
- the smartphone’s security programs need to be deactivated;
- the security software used by your laptop should be deactivated afterwards;
- use a laptop with Windows.
Step by step instructions
The Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 is looking forward to the SRSRoot at last.
- You can begin by applying this first step: download the app on your notebook. This address is where you’ll find the tool. No other website should be used for the download. Install the app on your laptop now.
- After you open it there, you have to find this option: Unknown Sources. It’s under Settings. If you’ve come across it, have it tapped, then locate this other option: USB Debugging. It’s the one we mentioned above; if you ticked it for the requirements, then you can go on.
- By that we mean the following action: establish a connection between your phone and your laptop with the USB cord that arrives with your Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102.
- Our recommendation next is this: tick Root Device (All Methods). Make sure you turn this option on before you wait until the process is done.
- Next action on the list: the phone has to be rebooted. Restart it as instructed, then see what the SRSRoot is all about!
- Should you explore it and want to get rid of root access, there are several methods you can use. But since you’ve become familiar with the one used here, you can unroot your device with it!
Whenever you run into trouble with the guide, a comment box will be ready to receive your questions. Use it and we’ll do our best to solve your problems!