How to Root HTC One XL
HTC One XL is best used while rooted. We’ll make sure you have a rooted device by showing you how it needs to be done. Just look at what our tutorial has to say about it!
Gaining root access for the phone you’re owning is one of the easiest things to do. With root access, the gadget will become far superior. This is all thanks to one tool in particular: SRSRoot. What makes this app different from other rooting methods is that it brings with it lots of improvement tools.
The SRSRoot software is free to use on every sort of device. It is fully powered by an SRS Server, as well. With it on your phone, you will enjoy many new stuff no matter what Build ID you use. This is the Build ID we wanted to use: IML74K. Your handset has an Android 4.0.3 ICS version. When the rooting is over, this OS will still be on it. The today’s tool is an app which is compatible with every Android version revealed thus far.
The benefits of this procedure
A dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait CPU powers your HTC One XL. The processor’s speed will go through major improvement. If your smartphone’s been having battery problems, the SRSRoot will deal with them; in other words, the battery is going to last more. Root access doesn’t equal unwanted programs. This lack of bloatware is doubled by a lack of security problems.
With this application on your HTC One XL, you will play with customization tweaks. The list of useful goodies will also contain new features. The smartphone shall experiment with these, too: root-only apps. Admin and superuser permission are on-board, as well. So is the possibility to download and use various custom ROMs.
This app is great if you don’t want a rooted phone anymore because it is very simple to use.
Getting your smartphone updated when it’s rooted signifies several issues. What an upgrade does to a device with root access is that it strips that away from it. This procedure also affects the system partition. Your handset will no longer have the latter. The handset has some internal and external SD cards; they won’t be damaged by an upgrade. The important data your phone owns will also escape damage.
A rooting is responsible for revoking your smartphone’s warranty. You will be able to get it back by performing a guide that specializes on restoring the warranty.
Don’t ever start the rooting until you’ve done the following:
- the laptop must have USB drivers which only work with your HTC One XL;
- download them on it from this specific address;
- your phone needs to sport a battery that’s fully charged;
- protect the important data on your smartphone by providing it with several normal backups;
- a full NANDroid backup has to be created, too (use these tips to do it);
- your laptop must feature Windows instead of a different OS version;
- the security software which arrives with your phone must be turned off;
- turn off the security software used by the laptop.
Step by step instructions
Then, if you are done with the requirements, you can begin the rooting steps.
- The first of them suggests the following: download the SRSRoot app on your laptop. This file is available on this page. Download it from there on the laptop as indicated; do it by clicking on a download button.
- The step you need to perform now asks you this: after the app is flashed on the laptop, it also needs to be launched on that product.
- Unknown Sources is the option you should look for now. Tap Menu, then Settings and make sure you scroll under it. There you’ll discover the Unknown Sources option that must be checked.
- Next: tap USB Debugging; this should only be performed by those of you who didn’t activate this option at the right time. After you enable it, plug the HTC One XL to the laptop. Help will come from the phone’s USB cord. Use that, then wait.
- The connection once established, we suggest beginning the rooting. Do it by clicking on Root Device (All Methods). On average, the rooting phase lasts some 10-15 minutes.
- You can always repeat the previous steps should the procedure take more than mentioned. Once done with the waiting, you can restart your phone by tapping Reboot System Now.
The HTC One XL can now be used in its rooted state. If the novelties don’t seem like much, the same tool can provide an unrooting method.
You can drop us questions or comments below!