Root Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 on Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMC8 Firmware
Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 is a smartphone you aren’t allowed to miss out on. For that reason alone we prepared a guide on how to root it. The guide will only work if you have the model with official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMC8. Be sure you are prepared to see the warranty of your phone go astray, but know that you can bring it back home with official Android firmware.
Requirement number one: turn on USB debugging on the handset, make a backup using this tutorial, charge the battery to avoid unpleasant situations later on, turn off every bit of security instruments that work on both your laptop and your Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 and use a comp that ships with Windows.
- Step one of our guide is sounding like this: download Odin tool and save it on your laptop. Now install USB Drivers for this device on the same laptop and then download Rooting Package when you’ve finished performing the actions from before.
- Step two will then prompt you to unzip the Root archive on the desktop of the laptop and to also launch Odin tool when you are done (open the file on the laptop). After this is done, boot the Galaxy Ace 2 into the mode known as Download; make sure to do the following in order to boot the device into the correct mode: simultaneously press and hold down Power, Volume Down and Center. A couple of seconds will pass between this and the handset reaching the Download Mode.
- The step that comes up next is the third one: plug the smartphone to the laptop and then wait for the connection to happen; which is shown by an ID:COM icon turning either blue or yellow and a message reading Added appearing on the display. If the plugging was not successful, solve the issue like this: install the drivers on your laptop for the second time after you close Odin and unplug the phone from the device, go to step 1 and repeat everything again.
- Should the plugging have gone without a spot, then step four is here for you: stay in Odin and click on PDA.
- For step five, your number one priority should be the following: after clicking on PDA, choose the root archive that is on the laptop and then click on Start. Wait a few seconds till the rooting end, then see if “PASS” comes on the screen. If it does, disconnect the Ace 2 I8160 from the comp.
- Reboot the handset.
We have also prepared some instructions on what to do if you experience problems during this tutorial. For instance: the phone may remain blocked into an infinite boot loop; not to worry.
Get over this situation by rebooting it into Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up, Power and Center together, opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data + Wipe Cache Partition, then choose +++go back+++ and finish it up by selecting the option able to restart the phone.
The way to solve the issue of blocked Odin tool problem is the following: close it first, then disconnect the phone from the laptop, apply a force reboot to the former, install the drivers for it on your computer and do again the whole tutorial on how to root the Ace 2 I8160.