How to Update Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F to Android 4.2.2 XWUANB4
XWUANB4 is the ticket to updating Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F to Android 4.2.2. If you want a detailed explanation on how an upgrade is performed, you’ll find out from us!
Finland and Romania are two of the first countries to have access to this official firmware, which was made available this month. Settling for this firmware has its advantages. The presence of the newest OS ensures a great performance doubled with various new features, options and tweaks for various purposes.
It’s recommended to use only one device for this tutorial: the Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F. By using the wrong model, you will surely damage it.
Once you use the right smartphone for the update, you’ll see just how much your handset delivers in terms of performance. The latter will be improved thanks to the option of long-pressing the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state and low battery bug fixes. The improvements are also delivered by a USB debug white-list, a new set of download notifications and a new Gallery app. A new set of sounds for wireless charging, superior Bluetooth audio streaming and no harmful security problems are added in the mix.
If a rooted Galaxy Core is used for this post, expect to have the root access lost. Besides this con, the phones system partition will be affected, too: you will lose it after it gets deleted. If you have a lot of valuable content on your handset, don’t worry about it: the update won’t erase it. The device’s internal and external SD cards will not be damaged, either.
After you are fully aware of the kind of disadvantages an upgrade brings, prepare for some pre-requisites. They ask you to:
- perform several backups to save your phone’s important data;
- create a full NANDroid backup afterwards;
- charge your handset;
- go to this page to download, on your notebook, USB drivers compatible with the handset;
- turn off the programs installed on your laptop and phone to protect them against threats;
- enable, on your Samsung SM-G386F, USB Debugging;
- use a laptop with Windows on.
Step by step instructions
When you’ve found out about all necessary requirements, here’s where the update begins.
- The first of our steps needs this from you: download Odin v3.09 from this page and the Android 4.2.2 XWUANB4 on your laptop. The new firmware for Finland is here, while the version for Romania can be located by going to this page.
- Open the Odin v3.09 after you’re done extracting the two packages on your notebook; you can use 7Zip for the unzipping (or WinRar). Now that the Odin v3.09 is open on your notebook, you should enter the Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F in Download Mode.
- The Download Mode should be achieved like this: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down simultaneously, wait for a boot screen to pop up on the screen and press Volume up when you notice it.
- The USB cord that comes at the same time with your phone is the tool which is needed for the next task. Which consists of you using this cable to help the phone connect to the laptop.
- Wait for the plugging to start, then end when a blue sign comes up. Once you are sure that the plugging is successful, you need to add the firmware file to another location. This one is AP / PDA.
- If the moving of the file is done, check two boxes: F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. If a box known as Re-partition happens to be checked from the factory, you have to do this: uncheck it as soon as possible.
- After this step, click on “Start” to begin the installation of the XWUANB4 on your Galaxy Core LTE SM-G386F. About 15 minutes are required for the flashing.
- If the process is done, the phone will have this message on its screen: “Pass”. After this message pops up on the display of your handset, wait for the latter to automatically restart.
- Then make sure the phone is disconnected from your notebook. And that’s all: your handset is now running the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 via the XWUANB4 firmware.
The following may happen: the new firmware disappoints you. If so, grab the NANDroid backup file and use it to restore the old ROM. This move shall revoke the update.
If you need to ask us something, refer to the box below this post!