Update Galaxy Express GT-I8730 to Android 4.1.2 UBAML2
At the end of this tutorial, your Galaxy Express GT-I8730 will be updated to Android 4.1.2. Why should you experience this procedure? Because there are so many things you’re missing out on and all of them will enhance your device!
In case you wish to get an update to the new OS on a different phone, the latter will become bricked. Here is how your smartphone’s performance will be improved: the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 offers pop up play, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, free style widget and touch anticipation. What’s more, the device will also sport Group cast, a fixed frame of 60 fps, extended Vsync timing and Google Now. The handset can also enjoy sync and connect email updates, all share, mini apps, a new keyboard and triple buffering.
The novelties are possible thanks to this new firmware: UBAML2. It came out this month for Chile. If the Galaxy Express I8730 is rooted, the root access is going to be revoked as soon as the new firmware lands on it. System partition is also going to be affected: it shall be erased at the end of the procedure. The internal and external SD cards won’t be damaged and you will get to keep all of your smartphone’s important data.
For those of you who own this phone and wish to see it updated with KIES: tough luck. The firmware doesn’t have an activated KIES logo. As such, you should use OTA instead. That’s if you don’t want to use our tutorial. For the OTA (performed with the Software Update button under the phone’s Settings menu), your handset will gave to come with a stock ROM.
If you’re clear on all of the above, do the following:
- Windows is needed for your notebook;
- there are USB drivers compatible with your phone online, so download them on your notebook;
- your phone’s and the laptop’s security programs must be turned off;
- your handset’s battery must be charged;
- create a standard backup and then a full NANDroid one;
- enable, on the Galaxy Express GT-I8730, USB Debugging.
Step by step instructions
- This tutorial begins with the following: look for Odin here, then for the Android 4.1.2 UBAML2 on this page (it’s the Chile version, file name: I8730UBAML2_I8730UUBAML2_CHO.zip). They are two packages which should be saved on your laptop, so download them there after you find it where we indicated. Their files require an unzipping, so extract each of them with either WinRar, 7Zip or WinZip.
- The next step requests you to boot the smartphone in Download Mode by simultaneously pressing and holding down Volume Down, Home and Power; after you spot a screen with a warning on it, you have to press Volume Up.
- Your notebook should feature an open Odin. After you launch it as an Administrator there, you need to take the USB cord that belongs to the handset and establish a connection between the Galaxy Express GT-I8730 and the laptop.
- The success of the plugging is given by “Added!!” showing up and by an ID:COM box displayed in yellow. Once the connection is fully established, the next step will be easy to perform. But if you run into trouble with the plugging, our advice is to use another USB port instead of the old one. You can also try a second re-installation of the USB drivers (on your laptop).
- Then you should go on and do as such: click on BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, click on AP, choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- Your next duty is this one: check Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. The UBAML2 has to be flashed on the Galaxy Express GT-I8730. “Start” must be tapped to begin the installation. Then have some patience till the process is over.
- As the flashing is done, you have to wait once again, this time for the phone to restart and for a green-colored “Pass” to pop up. The smartphone and your laptop should be unplugged from one another for the last step. Then be sure to tap Settings, click on About Phone and open the UBAML2.
If you’re not fine with the new firmware, use the NANDroid backup file to restore the previous ROM on your handset.
Your questions will be answered if you use the comment section below.