Update Galaxy Note 2 I605 with Carbon AOSP Jelly Bean 4.3 custom ROM
Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 custom ROM is set on updating your Galaxy Note 2 I605 from Verizon to the OS specified in its name (and to the new stuff that this operating system is blessed with). The update delivers never before seen features, tweaks for the improvement of your handset, a battery that won’t die out that quickly and much more.
The update your smartphone will see soon relies on the following pre-requisites:
- the smartphone must be rooted;
- then its factory must not be locked;
- you have to also find a suitable custom recovery for the smartphone and flash it on the Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605;
- charge the battery of your phone after that;
- then enable USB Debugging on the device;
- download Gapps from here and the Carbon AOSP JB 4.3 custom ROM on your PC;
- make a regular backup and after that one create a full NANDroid backup.
How to install Carbon firmware on your device
- The phone should now be ready to receive the update file. In light of that, do as follows for step one: let the files inside both packages unzipped and just plug the smartphone to the laptop.
- Make sure the devices are plugged to one another accordingly before you start transferring the files from where they are to the SD card root of the Note 2 I605. Continue with this action: unplug the phone from your laptop and switch the device off afterwards. Then enter the phone in Recovery Mode.
- After the above set of tasks, you should perform others. The first of them: don’t forget to make that NANDroid backup if you skipped the part where we told you about it.
- But, to make that backup, you should mind the custom recovery your smartphone has. If it’s TWRP, you will be asked to tap “Backup” first and after that opt for the files that require a backup; confirm. Now, should the phone come with the CWM recovery, then first opt for Backup & Restore; second: save the backup to the SD card root of the phone and don’t forget to confirm. To correctly apply a factory reset if the handset has TWRP: after you tap “Wipe”, you should tap “Factory reset” and confirm. To do the same for the Galaxy Note 2 I605 sporting the CWM, you should choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data and confirm.
- After you are done with the previous steps, it’s time to finally see how to get the new custom ROM and then the Google Apps files on your handset.
- This step also depends on what custom recovery your device has. Should it be the CWM one, you need to tap “Install”, then load the Carbon AOSP file into the custom recovery and confirm by swiping a blue-colored key (which is on the phone’s display’s bottom).
- To install the same file on the phone which runs the CWM version, you should opt for Install zip from SD card, select Choose from SD card, look for the update firmware and confirm the flashing. The installation of the second upgrade file will have to happen the same way, so repeat what we instructed here.
- Then wait for the two packages to be installed on your Galaxy Note 2 I605. At the end of the procedure, you will need to go back to the Recovery screen and then restart the phone. As soon as you spot the firmware’s home screen, you will be allowed to type, in your Gmail, your personal info and just enjoy the new ROM. However, in case the boot requires a lot of time to happen: redo the steps in our guide. If there’s a boot loop in sight, repeat the tutorial.