Update Galaxy Ace S5830 to Jelly Bread CM7 system based Firmware
Your Galaxy Ace should be ready for the trip of a lifetime disguised as Jelly Bread firmware. This firmware will have you indulge in an improved battery life, new custom ROMs to be gained, new features as well, a performance that will amaze you, new apps to play with, tweaks to customize your phone with and many more exciting novelties.
The Jelly Bread is one of the most stable tools out there. Since this firmware is based on CM7, you will be able to make good use of Jelly Bean’s user interface and looks, even if the phone will actually run the Gingerbread version. All of the stuff that makes Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS a hit will land on your Galaxy Ace after you are done with today’s guide.
If we succeeded in making you get this firmware, you should know that the very first thing you must do is get in touch with these couple of requirements:
- get your handset all rooted with this guide and installed with a custom recovery (available here);
- use only the Galaxy Ace S5830 for our guide;
- turn on USB Debugging by launching Menu, tapping Settings, choosing Developer Options and then selecting the right option;
- make a backup via this guide (a full NANDroid backup is also needed);
- charge the battery of your smartphone;
- download Google Apps from here (file name: gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip) and the Jelly Bread custom ROM (file name: META-INF.zip) on your PC or notebook;
- turn off the programs which make sure that your laptop and your Galaxy Ace are safe against viruses and the like.
The update will happen only if you consider the steps we have for you. And they are all below.
- Once your laptop or your PC has the two files that are required for our tutorial, you have to make sure they are saved on your device’s desktop and that you leave them unzipped.
- After you plug the phone to the laptop with the help of the former’s USB cable, you should do this: take the two files from where you saved them; then move them to the SD card root of your Galaxy Ace S5830 and wait till the transfer is at its end. When the action is all done, you can disconnect the two devices from one another.
- For the next stage we recommend you to power the phone off and after that do this: enter the device in Recovery Mode. Once this mode is achieved, time to continue by performing these tasks: stay in the Recovery and look for Factory Reset/Wipe Data and Wipe Cache Partition; then, after you’ve spotted both of them, we ask you to select them both.
- After that, you should go back to the Recovery and opt for Advance. When done, move on by choosing Wipe Cache Partition, go back to the same Recovery and opt for Install zip from SD card.
- Then select another option: Choose zip from SD card. As soon as this option has been chosen, you have to install the Jelly Bread CM7 system based firmware; this is done by going to its location and opting for the META-INF.zip archive.
- The same actions need to be performed for the flashing of the Google Apps, but you must choose the gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip file instead.
- The two files should now feature on your handset, so choose, from the Recovery, the following option: +++go back+++. Restart your Galaxy Ace S5830 by selecting the appropriate option and the update will be ready to display its wonders.