Install Android 4.4 KitKat Pure AOSP Custom ROM on HTC One X+
Android 4.4 is coming all the way to your HTC One X+ via KitKat Pure AOSP custom ROM. For those of you who fancy a longer battery life, new features, enhanced performance and such, we shall tell you what steps to follow in order to upgrade your phone to the new OS.
Once the correct update file is on your handset, the latter will also receive as many custom ROMs as you want it to. But be careful: this tool can also surprise you in a negative way. What we mean is this: you will see that the phone’s Bluetooth doesn’t work, you will have to enter APN in the Settings manually, the device may reboot out of the blue a couple of times, the GPS won’t put on that good of a performance and so on.
In case you don’t find all of these drawbacks enough to stop you from updating your smartphone, here are the requirements that apply to this model and tutorial:
- root your handset using this guide;
- download and install a custom recovery on the device, from here;
- download Google Apps from here and the KitKat 4.4 Pure custom ROM from here on your laptop;
- create a normal and then a full NANDroid backup for the data on your handset;
- use the bootloader unlocked version;
- charge the battery of your phone;
- turn USB Debugging on;
- turn off the security programs that are flashed on the phone and on the notebook.
All of this being mentioned, you can finally get the update file on your HTC One X+ with the next steps. Before you follow them, though, you should know that the warranty of your handset shall go away at our guide’s end. This means that, in order to get that back, it’s best that you downgrade to stock Android or install official software meant for your phone.
- In case you’ve already saved the two packages on your com’s desktop, don’t extract them. Just make sure you connect the handset to your laptop and go to where you saved the two files.
- Once there, you should move both of them from that place to the SD card root of your HTC One X+ and then disconnect the two devices from each other before you power the phone off. Now enter the latter in Recovery Mode and opt for these two: Factory Reset/Wipe Data, Wipe Cache Partition and Advance.
- Then choose Wipe Dalvik Cache and opt for Install zip from SD card. Next, select this option: Choose zip from SD card and then install the update file after you first choose it.
- After the Android 4.4 KitKat Pure AOSP custom ROM finds its spot on your smartphone, move on to the Google Apps and flash it on the same phone.
- The installation must go the same way that you used before to flash the other update file. Then opt for +++go back+++.
- The next step is to restart the HTC One X+, so select the appropriate option. And that will be all: your handset will have the confirmation of the update process in its “About Phone“. If this ROM should annoy you, you can always use the NANDroid backup file to retrieve the old ROM; simply go that file and then enter the Recovery Mode again.