How to Update Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T110 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZCUANC1
Android 4.2.2 ZCUANC1 will make a winner out of your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T110. That is to say: get ready for an upgrade which will bring to light the best in your tablet!
You have the opportunity to get many goodies on your smartphone if you install this new official firmware via our guide. Here’s a look at all of them, starting with this: low battery bug fixes. As always, your device gets to play with the option of long-pressing the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state.
But that’s not all there is to the new firmware and OS. The Samsung SM-T110 has the chance to shine with the addition of a new set of download notifications and a USB debug white-list. This mix of novelties includes better Bluetooth audio streaming and also a new set of sounds for wireless charging. A new Gallery app is another great novelty.
If the new features are appealing, you’ll be able to update the tablet only if it’s the right model. If the name of your gadget is different to the one in our post, you have to use a guide that’s compatible with your tablet.
The Android 4.2.2 ZCUANC1 official firmware was made available this month for China. Its KIES logo is not turned on. Because of this, OTA and our tutorial are the only 2 methods you can choose to use. For the first option, the OTA one, your gadget must be operating stock ROM. For the second method, it’s fine if your tablet isn’t equipped with one.
You will have some issues with the upgrade if it’s performed on a rooted Galaxy tablet. Your device’s system partition is going to be deleted. But the important content will be safe from such damage. As will the tablet’s internal and external SD cards. Sadly, root access will be revoked by the update.
These are the requirements you must now pay attention to:
- USB Debugging has to be activated on your Samsung T110;
- go to your tablet’s security programs and disable each of them;
- then be sure to deactivate the security programs running on the laptop;
- your laptop should sport Windows instead of another operating system;
- make a series of standard backups;
- create, via the instructions here, a full NANDroid backup;
- the battery of your tablet has to be fully charged;
- go to this site and download, on the laptop, USB drivers.
Step by step instructions
To begin the update the right way, keep your laptop open and download two packages on it.
- The first of them is called Odin v3.09 and it’s available on this site. Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZCUANC1 official firmware is the name of the second package; its whereabouts are at this place. If the notebook has them, extract each of the two until you are left with some files.
- The one that interests you is this: Odin v3.09.exe. We need you to have it launched on your laptop, then make sure the tablet gets restarted in Download Mode.
- The previous step has to be completed by simultaneously pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down; continue doing this till a boot message shows itself on the screen, at which moment you’ll be required to press Volume Up.
- Create a connection between the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T110 and your second device through the tablet’s personal USB cable.
- The moment you are shown, by Odin, a sign whose color is blue, a plugging will have been gained. Which takes us to these instructions: add the firmware file to AP / PDA, then uncheck Re-partition and check Auto Reboot.
- After you’re done checking F. Reset Time, click on “Start“. This will take you to the installation of the ZCUANC1. Around 10-15 minutes is the time frame needed for a full flashing of the new firmware on your tablet.
- You’ll know when the installation is over as soon as the gadget’s display contains “Pass” and the device reboots. If the process is already over, you can unplug the Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T110 from your notebook, tap Settings, tap About Tablet and give in to the newest addition.
You may miss the tablet’s previous ROM. To have it back, you need the use of the NANDroid backup file. The old ROM’s restoration will, sadly, revoke the upgrade.
Should you have questions about the update, you can always leave them in the comment field below this post.