How to Install KitKat 4.4.2 DDU0ANG1 on Galaxy Ace NXT SM-G313H
You should go for an update if you want your Galaxy Ace NXT SM-G313H to be much different. If you upgrade it, everything about your smartphone will be improved.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat DDU0ANG1 came out last month for India. This is official firmware and it must only be installed on the Galaxy Ace NXT SM-G313H. To avoid damage, use a different guide if you don’t own this model. The firmware doesn’t have an activated KIES logo. This signifies the following: OTA can be used as another update method if you’re more familiar with it. But if you resort to this option, your handset will need custom ROM.
The benefits of this official firmware
Before revealing the steps used for the update, you need info on this procedure’s disadvantages. The cons we’ll mention will only appear if your phone contains root access. After the upgrade is completed, system partition will be history. As will root access. The latter will be revoked from the handset at once. No harm will befall the device’s internal or external SD cards. While we’re here, you should know that the update won’t put the phone’s data in harm’s way, either.
An upgrade offers many sought-after novelties. First of all, the handset won’t be affected by security problems. The processor inside your handset will deliver superioe speeds. Thanks to this update, the battery is set to last more than it normally does. There’s no bloatware to expect when the procedure is finished. There’s going to be new apps and new features, too. Tweaks to customize your smartphone are given, as well.
If you want to update your phone asap, first follow some instructions. They are telling you to:
- turn off, on your Galaxy Ace NXT SM-G313H, its pre-flased security solutions;
- then turn off those already installed on the laptop;
- you will also have to to provide some backups to protect the data on your handset from security damage;
- perform, after that, a full NANDroid backup using these couple of steps;
- Windows must be the only version of an OS on the laptop;
- install the correct USB drivers for your handset on your laptop by opening and using this page;
- the smartphone’s USB Debugging should be turned on;
- the battery on your smartphone must be charged.
Step by step instructions
You are now told to proceed to step one.
- It asks you to get the Android 4.4.2 KitKat DDU0ANG1 official firmware for India downloaded on your laptop. Best download it from this location. Then unzip it with 7Zip or a similar application. Now download Odin v3.09 on the same laptop.
- Extract it as well. Once the unzipping over, a file called Odin v3.09.exe will show itself. Your job for now: launch the file on your laptop.
- Download Mode has to be reached by your phone next. To enter the latter in it, do the following: press and simultaneously hold Home, Power and Volume Down until you see a boot message pop up, after that press Volume Up. Next course of action: plug the handset, with its USB cable, to the laptop.
- As soon as a connection is established between the two, the Odin will reveal a sign in blue. This means that you can go on. This is the next step to go through: add the firmware file to AP / PDA. The screen will show up with several boxes for you to enable.
- Here are the ones to turn on: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Among these boxes is one that should be unchecked. Here is its name: Re-partition.
- You have to tap “Start“ if you wish to see the installation of the firmware begin. The Android 4.4.2 DDU0ANG1 will end up on your smartphone after about 15 minutes.
- If you notice that the flashing doesn’t end even after a quarter of an hour has ended, we suggest this: redo our steps.
- If a message saying “Pass”in green makes an appearance, the installation is now halfway done. To fully end, you should wait until the device reboots. The rebooting completed, one more step will follow.
- You need to disconnect the handset from the laptop. This requires you to do the following: take out the USB cable.
- We suggest that you do this next: launch the new firmware. For that, tap Settings and then tap About Phone.
We recommend using the new goodies for a while. If they’re not up to task, you may want your old ROM back. The NANDroid backup file you created will step in and offer help. By restoring that previous ROM, your Samsung SM-G313H will lose the update.
You can direct your comments and ask questions under this post!