Update Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi GT-P7320 to Android 4.0.4 XXLPR Official Firmware
Prep your Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi GT-P7320 for a date with XXLPR, the tool that’ll update the tablet to Android 4.0.4.
Launched last year, this tablet became the favorite of many gadget lovers from Austria, Croatia and Hungary. The firmware was released in November this year for precisely these countries using T-Mobile as their carrier.
Today’s update tutorial is best used on the Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7320. If you use a tablet that isn’t this one, you’ll regret it because you will brick it. Use this guide only if you have a tablet that’s running a custom ROM. Since the firmware comes with an activated KIES logo, you can update the gadget with the KIES software; or with OTA (over the air) if you want to.
In case you stick with our tutorial, the P7320 is going to gather the following new features once it’s updated: improved phone number recognition, screen rotation made smoother, improved camera and enhanced stability. Once these additions end up on your tablet, everything will feel different.
But if your gadget is rooted, you will go through a hard time with the device’s system partition because it will be deleted. The root access will get revoked, but the important data will not be erased. Likewise, the internal/external SD cards will be preserved for further use.
First and foremost, you must follow these pre-requisites:
- fully charge your tablet’s battery;
- make backups (which must be a normal one and a full NANDroid one);
- turn USB Debugging on;
- the USB cable that ships with the tablet must be kept close;
- be sure to flash, from this page on the laptop, USB drivers for your Pocket Neo GT-S5310G;
- turn off the security programs that come already flashed on the tablet and the laptop;
- your comp or notebook should ship pre-loaded with Windows.
Step by step instructions
- Grab a hold of your tablet now and go to your laptop to download these packages on it and then extract them there: Odin tool from this page and the Android 4.0.4 ICS P7320XXLPR firmware (the Croatia version from here, the Austria version from this page and the Hungary version from here).
- Check and see if they feature on your notebook’s desktop; then be sure to boot the tablet in Download Mode, an operation that needs you to press and simultaneously hold Volume Down and Power. By doing that, the display will have a warning message on it, so, when you see it, press only Volume Up to enter the device in the Download Mode it must be in.
- Now you should follow that up by doing the following: open, on the laptop, the Odin as Admin, then make sure your two devices are connected to each other via the tablet’s USB cord. If you don’t deal with a successful connection, you can try re-installing the USB drivers or, instead of that, make sure you use another USB port.
- Here’s what you should be performing next up: click on PDA afterwards, select a file with CODE in the name, click on Phone, choose a file with MODEM in the name, tap CSC, opt for a file with CSC in its name, tap PIT after that and select a file that should have a .pit extension.
- Check, next, the boxes that are called F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. The next task tells you to tap “Start“.
- As soon as that button is clicked on, the Android 4.0.4 XXLPR official firmware will be flashed on your Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi GT-P7320 in a matter of minutes.
- After you wait for that to happen, the tablet is going to reboot. You have to unplug it from the laptop after a “Pass” message shows up. If you don’t know where the new firmware is, we will tell you how to find it. First, access Settings; second: click on About Tablet. As soon as the tool is spotted, you should go ahead and try out all of the novelties it has to offer for your enjoyment.
The tablet’s old ROM is very easy to restore of you want it back: just use the NANDroid backup file to cancel the update process. In case you need to ask us something about the upgrade or you run into different issues during or after you’ve installed the firmware, you should leave a comment in the section below.