How to Update Galaxy Trend Lite Duos GT-S7392 to Android 4.1.2 DDUANE2
Like any other phone out there, Galaxy Trend Lite Duos GT-S7392 is deserving of an update. If you haven’t had the chance to customize your device yet or enjoy new stuff, you now can. Follow this guide to experience all of this and so much more.
What we have for your device today is this: Android 4.1.2 DDUANE2. This tool for your phone’s upgrade was launched this month for India. If you want it on your Samsung GT-S7392, you’ll need to go through update steps. They are all below. But until we get there, we’ll talk a bit about this new firmware.
Among the many novelties you’ll experience, worthy of mention are the ones we’ll mention shortly. They are all share, mini apps and a new keyboard. Triple buffering is joined by pop up play and group cast. Free style widget and Google Now make for great offerings, too. As do touch anticipation and an automatic adjustment for the size of widgets. Bringing up the rear are sync and connect email updates, a fixed frame of 60 fps and extended Vsync timing.
To have an upgraded Galaxy Trend Lite Duos S7392, and the latter happens to be rooted, you’ll have to go through some cons. The new firmware will damage both system partition and root access. But the damage won’t extend to the phone’s important data or internal and external SD cards.
To make the most out of the new Jelly Bean OS, your smartphone must be the Galaxy Trend Lite Duos GT-S7392 model. If it isn’t, your handset is sure to be bricked. KIES is not a good idea; the firmware doesn’t have an activated KIES logo. This is why we recommend using OTA instead of our tutorial if your device sports stock ROM.
Time to get your phone ready for the procedure:
- a backup is needed, so create one to keep your phone’s crucial data from damage;
- create a full NANDroid backup, too;
- your device has a battery which must be fully charged;
- the laptop’s security programs need to be turned off;
- the same has to be applied for your handset’s security programs;
- Windows is the OS which is recommended for this update, so use a laptop that has it;
- your laptop has to run USB drivers for your smartphone;
- turn on USB Debugging on the handset.
Step by step instructions
When everything you needed to do to prepare your device is completed, our steps will follow.
- And they start with this one: download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean DDUANE2 official firmware firmware for India on the laptop. This is not the only file you must download. Odin v3.09 is the next one. These have to be extracted after you save them on your laptop; here we advise using one of these unzipping methods: WinZip or 7Zip.
- A lot of different files will soon appear. We recommend looking for this one in particular: Odin v3.09.exe. After you lock eyes with it, make sure you open it on the laptop. After you do, the smartphone will need to be entered into Download Mode.
- For those of you who don’t know how this is done, simply do this: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time, wait for a boot message to come up, then press Volume Up. If done, take the phone’s USB cord and use it to establish a connection to the notebook.
- As soon as a blue sign is displayed by Odin, a connection will have been created. Go ahead and add the firmware file to the AP / PDA. Move on by checking both F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. Re-partition will have to be unchecked.
- Click on “Start“ so as to begin the firmware’s installation. After doing this, the process is going to require some 10-14 minutes to end.
- To be sure that the flashing is truly done, your Galaxy Trend Lite Duos GT-S7392 will reboot after a message reading “Pass” will pop up. Before you can enjoy the DDUANE2 official firmware, you have to do as follows: unplug your devices.
- You can now go and open the firmware on your smartphone by tapping Settings and then About Phone.
If there’s no interest for the new goodies from you, the NANDroid backup file is your friend. Using it will restore your handset to its previous ROM. Unfortunately, this file can also do this: revoke the procedure you just performed on your device.
If you want to leave questions, do so in the comment field below.