How to Root LG Optimus L5 Dual E615
One of the best ways to get something new for LG Optimus L5 Dual E615 is by rooting it. You won’t have to deal with steps that are difficult to perform, security problems and other issues. In exchange for following our tutorial, you will have an improved device to play with!
If you don’t know much about rooting options, we have one which can be used even by newbies. This tool is a dedicated app whose name is this: SRSRoot. By giving it a place on your phone, you contribute to the latter’s improvement.
The phone’s rooting uses this Build ID: IMM76D. You can use another one if you want; this app works with numerous other Build IDs. It provides plenty of goodies and it works as an unrooting option.
The device you’ll root today contains an Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. The SRSRoot is compatible, however, with many Android versions. Thanks to the rooting procedure, your phone’s 800 MHz Cortex-A5 processor will deliver superior speed. Also, there’s an SRS Server powering this application.
The benefits of this method
Downloading this dedicated app on your laptop won’t cost you money. When the software lands on your LG Optimus L5 E615, you will enjoy better battery life. Due to the presence of this SRSRoot app, your smartphone will contain custom ROMs. It is going to experiment with root-only apps, too. The root access makes sure you are offered admin and superuser permission as well as new features.
A rooted device can be customized with many different options. It can also remain unaffected by security troubles and bloatware.
Apart from all of these novelties, the rooting will come with a drawback. It has to do with the phone’s warranty, which will be revoked. If you want to provide an update for your smartphone and root access is on it, you’ll lose it when you’re done with the procedure. The handset will have its system partition deleted very soon.
The important data present on your LG Optimus L5 Dual E615 will be safe from any damage done by the rooting. Both internal and external SD cards will escape damage, as well.
- to better protect the important content on your smartphone from damage, make backups (standard ones);
- a full NANDroid backup has to come next;
- your laptop needs to have USB drivers for the phone flashed on it;
- go to this website to locate them;
- download them on the notebook;
- your device has to operate this rooting with a fully charged battery;
- your laptop’s operating system version has to be Windows;
- open the phone’s security programs next;
- then deactivate them;
- open the notebook’s own security programs;
- turn them all off.
Step by step instructions
- Our tutorial should begin with the first step. Here is how it goes: access this page on your notebook’s browser. Download, from there, the SRSRoot on your notebook by clicking a download button.
- This dedicated app will then have to be installed on the same device; also, make sure it’s launched on it afterwards.
- Then do as follows: tap Unknown Sources on the phone. This option that we mentioned is under Settings on the same smartphone.
- After it’s finally activated, you should do this: turn USB Debugging on. This is an action that should have been performed during the requirements. If you did it back then, no need to do it now.
- Instead, plug the LG Optimus L5 Dual E615 to the laptop. The connection can be established with the handset’s dedicated USB cable.
- Usually, the plugging only takes a couple of minutes of your time. When it’s over, do this: click on Root Device (All Methods). Once this particular option has been activated, the rooting will be set into motion.
- All you have to do for now is wait for the rooting to be done. After having patience for some 14 minutes, move on to the last action. If you have to wait for over 15 minutes, you need to repeat the steps.
- The rooting once over, you will have to restart the Optimus L5 E615; for this, enable Reboot System Now.
Have a go at the novelties brought on by the root access. If they don’t rise up to expectation, unroot the device with the same dedicated app!
Is there something wrong with the procedure? We have a comment field where you can leave your questions.