Update Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 2014 edition to Android 4.3 XXUAMIA
Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 2014 edition is a tablet which is sure to end up with Android 4.3 today. Helping us with this task is XXUAMIA, the best firmware for the job.
Your tablet was first released in October this year. The new Jelly Bean firmware came out the same month for users living in Switzerland, Poland, Germany, Czech Republic, Nordic countries and Baltic region.
The same firmware was launched in September for Nordic countries. Because the new tool is not KIES-activated, you won’t be able to use Samsung’s KIES for the upgrade, but you can always use, apart from our tutorial, OTA (with the Software Update button under Settings menu). The latter, however, requires the presence of a custom ROM on your tablet.
Never use a tablet that’s not the Galaxy Note 10.1 P605 because this guide will brick it if you do. Also, do read the following: if your tablet is rooted, the XXUAMIA will erase the gadget’s system partition and the device won’t have root access after it’s updated. Even so, the important content running on your tablet won’t be lost and the internal and external SD cards will come out of this undamaged.
Here are the new features which come with the Android 4.3: no more bugs to annoy you, loads of tweaks to personalize the gadget, battery battery life and performance, new apps and completely new features.
For now, let’s concentrate on the pre-requisites which must be considered before the beginning of the upgrade:
- make backups (add a full NANDroid backup after you are done with a regular backup);
- make sure you disable the tablet’s and laptop’s security programs;
- charge the battery of your Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 2014 version if the charge levels are low;
- install, on your notebook, USB drivers compatible with the tablet;
- turn on, on your tablet, USB Debugging (do it by opening Menu first, then tapping Settings, opting for Applications, selecting for Development and then enabling the USB Debugging option);
- be sure to use a laptop or comp which comes with a pre-installed Windows OS.
Step by step instructions
- After the above is all done, we need this from you: download Odin (the file is available here) along with the Android 4.3 XXUAMIA official firmware (the Switzerland version from this place, the Poland version from here, the Baltic version from this place, the Germany version from this location, the Nordic countries version from here and the Czech Republic version from here). If your contry is not present in our list, you must search for “XXUAMIA” on the “Select your firmware” list, on this page. The complete list will appear and you will be able to download the appropriate file.
- The step following the first one tells you to unzip the files your laptop just saved, then boot your Samsung SM-P605 in Download Mode as shown here: press and simultaneously hold Volume Down and Power and do that till the display has warning message; then, when you spot it, do this: press Volume Up.
- You will have to move on by performing this task: open, on your laptop, the Odin as an Admin.
- The next thing to do is to just connect the tablet to the notebook with the USB cable that belongs to the former. You can move on only after the screen has “Added!!” and an ID:COM box colored yellow; if they don’t pop up, you will need to redo the connection by either selecting another USB port to make use of or install the USB drivers on the laptop once more.
- When the connection has been established, you should do the following: tap PDA, opt for a file with CODE in the name, click on Phone, choose a file sporting MODEM in the name, tap CSC, select a file with CSC in the name, tap PIT and, when done, opt for a file which will come with a .pit extension.
- Check these boxes for the upcoming step: Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- The tablet will need to have the new stock firmware installed on it. So do this: click on “Start” to begin the flashing.
- As soon as the installation of the new firmware is completed, here’s what you need to do: unplug the devices from each other, but only after the Galaxy Note 10.1 SM-P605 reboots and displays “Pass” on its touchscreen.
After the procedure is all done, the new Jelly Bean 4.3 firmware will be in the gadget’s “About Tablet“. You will reach it by tapping Settings on your device first, then the option we just mentioned.
Try the new tool out, then, if anything’s the matter with it, use the NANDroid backup file to revoke the update process and restore the old ROM.
If you have questions, the comment field below is what you should use!