Update Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 to Android 4.2.2 XXUBML2 Firmware
The newest Jelly Bean 4.2.2 is now available for Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195. If you want to have it on your smartphone, better to use our guide! It’s specially made for this device and it details the steps required for an update to the Android 4.2.2 OS.
The new firmware which came out in December last year is called XXUBML2 and it’s only available for Frange (Orange). Don’t use the tool on another handset, because it will be bricked. The KIES logo is turned on, so if you want to, you can grab the upgrade via the KIES software (for which the device must run a stock ROM). There’s always OTA to update your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195 if you feel like; it can be done via the Software Update button under Settings menu, but only if the phone comes with a stock ROM.
As for novelties, the XXUBML2 stock firmware contains a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes, no Bluetooth audio streaming bugs, the possibility to long-press the WiFi and Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings so that you can easily toggle the on/off state, USB debug white-list, a new Gallery app with superior speed when loading and a whole new set of download notifications.
Your phone is going to be affected if it’s rooted and you perform the update on it. Here’s what will happen: even if the internal/external SD cards and important data will be saved, the handset’s system partition shall be deleted and root access is going to be revoked.
If you’re ready for the upgrade, here are some compulsory pre-requisites:
- make sure your laptop has Windows pre-installed;
- create as many backups as are needed (they must be a regular backup and a full NANDroid one, made with this tutorial);
- should the device’s battery run low, you need to fully charge it;
- look for USB drivers for your smartphone on this page and then flash them on the laptop;
- USB Debugging is an option on your phone and it should be turned on;
- all of the security programs installed on the handset and your laptop need to be turned off while performing our tutorial.
How to flash I9195XXUBML2 on your device
- In case you are done with this part of our tutorial, here’s what you need to do for the first step: download the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 I9195XXUBML2 (the France Orange version is available on this site) and then Odin from this page on the laptop, after which you need to save them and extract them. For the unzipping you can use WinRar or WinZip.
- Then boot the handset in Download Mode by applying this method: press and hold, at the same time, Home, Volume Down and Power; once the display shows up with a warning, you have to complete this action by pressing Volume Up.
- After this you can connect the phone to the notebook with the aid of the former’s USB cord. After a couple of minutes, the screen will have an ID:COM box in yellow and a message saying “Added!!”.
- If they’re not available, you should start using another USB port or trying to flash the USB drivers on the laptop one more time.
- When a connection is finally established, you have to tap BL, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- Once these tasks are completed, you can activate the following boxes: Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. You will then have to tap “Start”. After they’re all checked, you need to tap “Start” and wait until the new firmware is flashed on the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195.
- At the end of the process, your handset will soon reboot. After it restarts, the phone is going to have “Pass” on the display, so that you can do this: take the USB cable from between your two devices, then go to Settings and tap About Phone.
You will soon be welcomed by the new firmware. Should it not bring you happiness, the NANDroid backup file can be used to revoke the upgrade process and restore the old ROM on your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195.
In case you want to report issues or you simply want to ask us something, you will see below a comment section. Please use it!