Upgrade Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Stable build ROM
Be instructed about the method you should use when installing CM 10.1.0 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Stable build ROM on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 I747 by following the guide we are revealing right now on our site.
In case you have an altogether different smartphone than the one we just told you about, then use a different tutorial. Take your handset and see if it’s rooted; should it be, then you can follow the guide at peace, but if it isn’t you need to root it.
Once you’ve done that, you must also find and flash a custom recovery image (there are two great ones: TWRP and CWM). Now that you’ve got the above covered, you need to make backups; we always recommend a backup of the phone’s apps, one of the device’s Contacts by a sync with the user’s Gmail account and a full NANDroid backup, too, using this guide). Next items to be done before the tutorial: charge the battery of the Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 and turn on USB Debugging.
Make sure you are not a rookie when it comes to using your phone and performing everything that has to do with a guide of this kind. Or, if you are a newbie, you should ask help from someone who is familiar with what we will write in this post.
How to flash CM 10.1.0 on Galaxy S3 SGH-I747
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1.0 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Stable ROM zip (file name: cm-10.1.0-d2att.zip) and Gapps from this page on the notebook you keep close-by. Neither the first nor the second zip file needs to be extracted on the device, so leave them be for now.
- Focus on other tasks instead, which are the following: the handset and the laptop have to be plugged to one another and, when they are, you have to copy the zip files from the laptop’s desktop and paste them on the SD card root of the handset.
- Unplug, at the end of this moving, the Galaxy S3 I747 from the PC and afterwards enter it in Recovery Mode. What you need to do once you completed the tasks above is this: choose an option labelled Backup&Restore, then make a NANDroid backup and choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data; once the latter has received a confirmation, you will be asked to do as follows: opt for Install zip from memory card.
- When that is completed, you should opt for Choose zip from memory card; now flash the CM 10.1.0 Stable zip file by opting for it and then confirming the flashing.
- Occupy yourself next with this operation: opt for Choose zip from memory card and look for the Gapps zip file; as soon as it’s spotted, you have to flash it by using the same method used for the other zip file.
- While both zip files are on the phone, you have to be in the Recovery Menu so that you can do this: choose the phone’s restarting option. The device is now furbished with the necessary ROM. Next task on the list: go to your Google account and enter your data. After that: experience your smartphone on a whole new level!
NOTE: In case you realize you don’t like the new ROM, you can go back to the old one like this: restore the NANDroid backup we told you about before. But, should you wait more than 15 minutes for a first boot once done with the guide, here is what to do:
- take the battery out of the Galaxy S3 SGH-I747;
- turn it on again by putting its battery back where it belongs;
- follow the guide again until the ROM is installed well.