How to Flash Android 4.2.2 KEUCNA3 on Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos SCH-P709
Today we are in charge of updating Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos SCH-P709. If you’re following our tutorial, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean will become available for your smartphone.
The update we want to present in this post has many advantages. To use them, you must only use your Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos instead of other phones. Now let’s see what the new OS is capable of: better Bluetooth audio streaming, a new Gallery app and a USB debug white-list. Other features: the option of long-pressing the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state and low battery bug fixes. Expect another group of novelties, such as a new set of sounds for wireless charging and also a new set of download notifications.
The official firmware that helps us today is KEUCNA3. It came out last month for China (anycall).
When upgrading a device, you will lose root access if you rooted it in the past. Your smartphone’s internal and external SD cards and important content won’t be damaged, but system partition will be deleted.
If you can get over the aforementioned cons of today’s procedure, we recommend looking at these requirements:
- secure the phone’s most important data with backups;
- a full NANDroid backup should be created, too;
- every security program featured on the handset and the notebook must be deactivated;
- USB Debugging is an option that must be enabled on the Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos P709;
- the battery of your phone should be fully charged;
- there must be USB drivers downloaded on your laptop;
- the update works best on a notebook that’s running Windows instead of any other operating system.
Here’s where we begin our guide.
- Download, for starters, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 P709KEUCNA3 for China (Anycall) and Odin on your laptop. The first file can be found on this page.
- Now use an unzipping tool to extract the two files, then do this: press and simultaneously hold Volume Down, Home and Power, wait until a boot screen is displayed and press Volume Up afterwards. That’s how you enter your handset in Download Mode.
- Having just booted your device in that mode, you should open the Odin as an Admin on your notebook. Let’s see how that’s done: right-click on an .exe file and select “Run as Administrator“ option.
- Grab, for the next phase, your handset’s USB cable to ensure the creation of a connection between the Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos SCH-P709 and your laptop.
- The success of this plugging is signaled by an ID:COM box and this message: “Added!‘. What if there’s no connection established? Don’t despair: first try a second installation of the USB drivers on the laptop. Should this be unsuccessful, use another USB port.
- After the plugging finally works, you can follow these instructions: click on BL, choose a file with BL in the name, tap AP, choose a file with AP in the name, tap CP, choose a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, select a file that comes with CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose a file that should have an extension going by the name of.pit.
- Your next duty is to check F. Reset Time, Re-partition and then Auto Reboot. Now consider this task: tap “Start”. This is the action that’s going to start the actual flashing of the KEUCNA3 on your smartphone.
- The only way to know if the firmware’s been installed on the handset is to wait till the device reboots. If it does, you should wait for “Pass” to pop up before you unplug the Galaxy Mega 5.8 Duos SCH-P709 from your notebook as the last step.
- The tutorial is now finally over. Before you can actually start exploring the new firmware, go to Settings on the handset, then tap this option: About Phone.
From this moment on you’re free to take the KEUCNA3 for a short walk. But, when nothing about it appeals to you, we suggest trying a restoration of the former ROM. If you don’t know how that works: just use the NANDroid backup file. If you want the old ROM back, prepare to witness the revoking of the update process.
If you’ve come across problems while performing the update, leave your comments and questions below.