How to Flash KitKat 4.4.2 UBUDND1 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900
There’s always a way to get your Galaxy Note 3 (Exynos) SM-N900 to run an updated Android version. Today you will see how to use Android 4.4.2 KitKat with added goodies!
There are three countries to receive the new UBUDND1 official firmware. Here you go: Argentina, Trinidad and Tobago and Panama. Thanks to the developer who issues this update file this month, you’ll be able to use KIES in case you live in one of these regions. Samsung’s KIES is only available for use if your device’s running stock ROM. If not, our guide will work just the same.
As far as novelties go, an updated Galaxy Note 3 N900 can enjoy some things that other Android OS versions don’t include. In the case of your phone, these are new features, tweaks for customization and plenty of other great stuff. You won’t have to worry about battery life; the upgrade means its improvement.
To get the best results, your device must be the model we added above. If you’re updating a different smartphone with this new firmware, you will damage it.
If the Galaxy Note 3 (Exynos) SM-N900 brings root access with it, the Android 4.4.2 UBUDND1 will have that revoked. The procedure is also going to erase system partition, but no important data will be lost. There are internal and external SD cards on your handset; neither of them is affected by the upgrade.
After reading the info above, your smartphone will have to be prepared for today’s procedure. Find below the requirements which do that:
- your notebook should always have all of its security programs disabled;
- the phone’s security methods need to also be turned off;
- install USB drivers for the Galaxy Note 3 (Exynos) phone on your notebook via this link;
- Windows is the only OS your laptop should have and use;
- create several backups for the data on your handset;
- a full NANDroid backup should also be created;
- enable, on your phone, USB Debugging;
- the battery on your smartphone will have to be charged.
Step by step instructions
Your device can now receive the new UBUDND1 official firmware.
- Always start an update by downloading, on the laptop you currently use, a couple of packages. The Android 4.4.2 UBUDND1 for Argentina, Trinidad and Tobago and Panama is one of them. Odin v3.09 is the other one. If the download of these two is over, save them afterwards and do this: unzip both of them with 7Zip.
- If at some point you see Odin v3.09.exe, open it on the laptop. Start the handset in Download Mode like this: press and simultaneously hold Home, Power and Volume Down for short while till the screen has a boot message on it. Now be sure to have Volume Up pressed.
- The Samsung SM-N900 has to be connected to your notebook next, so do that with its USB cord. Nothing bad should go here, so wait for Odin to signal the end of the plugging process. A successful connection is displayed by a blue sign. To move on, you should add, to AP / PDA, the firmware.
- Once this move is also a success, consider doing this: uncheck a box named Re-partition. Look for a set of two boxes that need checking. They are called as such: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- This next step has you do the following: tap “Start“. This has to be done in order to have the firmware upgrade installed on the phone. The procedure will need some 15 minutes tops.
- The second you spot, on the screen, a message that reads “Pass”, you will know that the flashing’s done. Your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 will, after a couple of minutes, reboot automatically.
- If that’s the case, you can begin the disconnection of your smartphone from the laptop. The best way of doing this is by removing the USB cable you previously used.
- When you’re done with this stage, you have to continue by tapping Settings. About Phone has to be tapped, too. Performing both of these actions will reveal the new firmware and its subsequent pros.
If none of the latter is interesting enough, consider the NANDroid backup file. This file is created so that you can use it for the old ROM’s restoration. In getting it back, however, the update will be revoked.
Use our comment section below if there are questions you want answered!