How to Install Android 4.3 ZMUAND1 on Galaxy Mega 5.8 Plus GT-I9158P
Galaxy Mega 5.8 Plus GT-I9158P is featured here as the phone to have Android 4.3 by the end of this post. If you can’t wait to experience this OS, we have just the tutorial for you!
The Galaxy Mega 5.8 Plus I9158P and the new OS are the stars of today’s guide. This operating system can be yours to discover after ZMUAND1 is installed on your phone. Launched last month for China, this firmware doesn’t let you flash it via Samsung’s KIES. If you do want an alternative to our tutorial, you can use OTA (over-the-air). Generally, this method must only be used on a smartphone with stock ROM.
When you go with an upgrade on a rooted device, you have to suffer certain consequences. Like, for instance, ending up with a deleted system partition. Then there’s also this disadvantage: the phone’s root access will be revoked. The data which is the most important for you will be saved. Nothing will affect the handset’s internal and external SD cards.
When your Galaxy Mega 5.8 Plus GT-I9158P is equipped with the Jelly Bean 4.3, you will deal with fresh new additions. They will allow you to use your smartphone over longer periods of time, play with new apps and so on. Fortunately, your handset will not have to suffer damage from major security problems.
If you’re ready for a superior performance and all the goodies we told to you earlier, you need to look at some pre-requisites. Then you’ll have to perform some steps. But first, here are our requirements:
- the smartphone’s data needs to be saved with the help of backups you must create now;
- create a full NANDroid backup with this guide when the regular ones have been performed;
- charge your phone’s battery unit till its charge levels are full;
- find USB drivers for the Galaxy Mega 5.8 Plus I9158P here;
- download them on the laptop;
- your handset must have its USB Debugging turned on;
- the OS that best works with this guide is Windows, so download it on the laptop;
- the security software that comes with your notebook must be turned off;
- the smartphone’s security programs must be deactivated;
Step by step instructions
- This is how the guide has to start: download the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ZMUAND1 official firmware for China on your laptop. After you do that, download Odin v3.09 as well, after which you should use WinZip. This tool will easily extract the two packages just downloaded and saved on the notebook.
- If this unzipping process has just been completed, time for you to launch, on the laptop, this file: Odin v3.09.exe.
- To restart your Samsung GT-I9158P in Download Mode, you’ll have to do this: simultaneously press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down, let go of them once a boot message is shown, then make sure Volume Up is pressed.
- This step will need the use of your phone’s USB cord. With it, the device and your notebook will enter a plugging mode. After the Odin locates your smartphone and comes up with a blue sign, your devices will have been connected to one another the right way.
- Which is why you need to add the firmware file to AP / PDA and afterwards check these 2 boxes: Auto Reboot followed by F. Reset Time. Among the other boxes is one which needs to be unchecked: Re-partition. You are now expected to begin the new firmware’s installation. So make sure “Start“ is clicked on for this step.
- About 10-15 minutes have to pass so that the flashing ends successfully. To know whether or not the firmware’s been added to your phone, wait for the latter to display “Pass” in green and reboot. Once each of these signals is given, the notebook and your handset need to be unplugged.
- The USB cord which you had to use previously must now be taken out. If you’re done with the unplugging part of our guide, you can start enjoying the new Android 4.3 JB ZMUAND1 official version. It’s easy to do that: tap Settings and then About Phone.
In case you’re not impressed with the latest additions to your phone, the latter can have its previous ROM back. But this is going to revoke the update procedure. To restore the ROM we mentioned, use the NANDroid backup file.
If, at the end of our guide, you have questions, you can leave them below this post in our comment section!