How to Root Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317M
Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317M is on its way to fulfilling its full potential. A rooting is what’ll get you there. Your job is to apply this post’s steps and everything’ll be completed shortly afterwards!
Root access is something which only appears after SRSRoot is used. The road to installing this app is smooth. That is, if you go through our guide’s steps. This dedicated app can be used with any Build ID. This is the one we chose for the phone: JZO54K.I317MUMBMA1. The device sports Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. This isn’t a problem for the rooting app we selected. It totally works with every Android version on the market.
The SRSRoot has the power to let go of the root access if you think that’s what you need at some point. You’ll always need new features, and the app will deliver them very soon. The handset’s rooting also means that the device is free of security issues. Also, expect many root-only apps and a faster CPU. The SRSRoot is powered by an SRS Server. The app is not something you have to pay good money for. This freeware will help you enjoy admin and superuser permission.
The benefits of this method
Bloatware will stay away from the Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317M. Root access allows the phone’s user to personalize it and enjoy custom ROMs, too. Battery life is going to expand so that you can use the device longer than you usually do. Your smartphone is one of the many devices the SRSRoot supports.
When the Samsung SGH-I317M is complete with root access, you might consider upgrading it. If you contemplate this idea, your phone’s root access will pretty much be revoked. As a side nore, its system partition won’t be a part of it anymore. On the plus side, though, the update won’t ever affect the handset’s important data. Also on the bright side, you’ll get to use the phone’s internal and external SD cards. The warranty, which is a major part of your smartphone, won’t be featured on it after it’s rooted. Naturally, you will have it back asap. To restore the warranty on your device, look for a guide especially meant for your phone model.
Having just found out why this tool is such a popular rooting method, you can move on to requirements. They’ll help you with the procedure, so here you go:
- that data which is the most important to you on the phone must be backed up;
- after you’re done providing regular backups, you should perform a full NANDroid backup;
- follow that up by downloading USB drivers from here on the laptop;
- install them on the same device;
- Windows should be the only OS on your laptop;
- the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317M needs to have the battery fully charged;
- those security programs inside the phone should be disabled;
- do the same for the laptop’s security programs.
Step by step instructions
- Now you can begin the rooting. The first step has you do the following: download the SRSRoot app on the laptop.
- For that, a download button will have to be clicked on. Find it on this page. After clicking on it, the app will be downloaded where it needs to be downloaded.
- You need to continue with the steps now. Do it by installing the downloaded app on your laptop once the file’s downloaded there. The same file should then be opened on the same device.
- You have to perform a different task next. Here is what you need to do: enable Unknown Sources. By enabling this option, you can then move on.
- In order to activate it, locate it by tapping Settings; the Unknown Sources will pop up under the options you just tapped.
- USB Debugging is the option whose activation should come up next. If you already enaled this, you will need to take the smartphone’s USB cord. This cable will help plug the Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317M to the laptop.
- The plugging isn’t a procedure that takes long. In a couple of minutes it’ll all be over. As soon as that happens, Root Device (All Methods) will have to be tapped.
- By enabling the previous option, you’ll enter your phone in the rooting phase. The process will need you to be patient for around 12 minutes.
- In case everything goes smoothly, you’ll be able to complete the guide by restarting the phone. If the rooting isn’t done in 15 minutes tops, redo the steps.
- To reboot the device afterwards, tap Reboot System Now. You are now invited to make good use of the root access and its subsequent novelties!
For questions about the rooting, use the guide’s comments field below.